Just to give you a bit of backstory: I actually know Matt, and I'm a massive fan of what he does! We had an awesome chat and tossed some ideas back and forth before BDRFlash++ was even brought up here. Honestly, the only reason I released BDRFlash++ as a standalone project instead of collaborating on his was simply that mine was already about 90% complete by the time I caught wind of his work. On top of that, his tool runs on a tech stack I'm not particularly familiar with (Rust), whereas BDRFlash++ is written in modern C++.Yethidran wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:38 pm Actually, maybe, just maybe all the champs can hold hands and join up and collaborate with "MattJackson" with his "OpenSource and Free flasher he has provided for Pioneer and Mediatek Drives"
Everyone would eventually be a "Happy Camper then"
Since both tools are completely free with zero mandatory fees, having multiple options to choose from is a massive win for everyone in the community. Billy was charging $200 up until just a few days ago, but now that BDRFlash++ and Matt's flasher are out in the wild, nobody has to pay an arm and a leg ever again. At the end of the day, everybody wins in a free market.