Asus BW-16D1X-U

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Billycar11
Posts: 6296
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U

Post by Billycar11 »

funkywaddle wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 3:10 am
Thanks

enc, not main?

I did finally get it to work. I had to downgrade to 1.17.7. It seemed to work alright. I'm currently making a mkv from a bluray disc. We'll see if it works.

Should I have done enc instead of main? Do I need to do it again?
yes had to be enc
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
movieman12345
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:36 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U

Post by movieman12345 »

Just found this drive, will it be able to do 4kUHD out of the box? Can I flash it if not? I have seen conflicting reports online

Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/sr0
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E102
Serial number: QKDL141900WL
Firmware date: 2017-01-15
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 81

LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8600
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E102/ID76
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
OneDay
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:01 am

Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U

Post by OneDay »

movieman12345 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:37 pm Just found this drive, will it be able to do 4kUHD out of the box? Can I flash it if not? I have seen conflicting reports online

Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/sr0
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E102
Serial number: QKDL141900WL
Firmware date: 2017-01-15
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 81

LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8600
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E102/ID76
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
You will need to cross flash it to Pioneer BDR-S11.
Billycar11
Posts: 6296
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U

Post by Billycar11 »

movieman12345 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:37 pm Just found this drive, will it be able to do 4kUHD out of the box? Can I flash it if not? I have seen conflicting reports online

Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/sr0
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E102
Serial number: QKDL141900WL
Firmware date: 2017-01-15
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 81

LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8600
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E102/ID76
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
See guide below
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
Coopervid
Posts: 4815
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U

Post by Coopervid »

movieman12345 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:37 pm Just found this drive, will it be able to do 4kUHD out of the box? Can I flash it if not? I have seen conflicting reports online

Drive Information
OS device name: /dev/sr0
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E102
Serial number: QKDL141900WL
Firmware date: 2017-01-15
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 81

LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: RS8600
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-209
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: E102/ID76
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
Are you on Linux ARM or x64? I need to know to send the appropriate flasher.