An UD02 can't be flashed to read UHDs. Sorry, buddy!KoLibre wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:28 pmHere is my Makemkv drive information (I have my drive now and this is what Makemkv reported when I connected it):Coopervid wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:21 pmC'mon! Get the drive and post its info. I will send the flasher then.KoLibre wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:04 pm
I do not have the drive yet, but all information except the serial number on the label matches with the one agent_x007 posted here about:
viewtopic.php?p=202739#p202739
I will check weather the firmware version on the drive is still old enough before I try flashing it, of course.
Does that help?
I guess it is okay to redact the serial number since the others are doing it too?Code: Select all
Drive Information OS device name: /dev/sr0 Manufacturer: PIONEER Product: BD-RW BDR-UD02D Revision: 1.02 Firmware date: 2014-02-10 Bus encryption flags: 1B LibreDrive Information Status: Possible, not yet enabled Drive platform: Pioneer RS8410 Firmware version: ID84
Flashing Pioneer drives
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4804
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Flashing Pioneer drives
-
KoLibre
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:52 pm
Re: Flashing Pioneer drives
But LibreDrive can be enabled, so that it still works when inserting BluRay disks that have a newer AACS version, right? It says "Status: Possible, not yet enabled" in the LibreDrive Information, after all.Coopervid wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:42 pmAn UD02 can't be flashed to read UHDs. Sorry, buddy!KoLibre wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:28 pmHere is my Makemkv drive information (I have my drive now and this is what Makemkv reported when I connected it):Coopervid wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:21 pm
C'mon! Get the drive and post its info. I will send the flasher then.
I guess it is okay to redact the serial number since the others are doing it too?Code: Select all
Drive Information OS device name: /dev/sr0 Manufacturer: PIONEER Product: BD-RW BDR-UD02D Revision: 1.02 Firmware date: 2014-02-10 Bus encryption flags: 1B LibreDrive Information Status: Possible, not yet enabled Drive platform: Pioneer RS8410 Firmware version: ID84
Regarding 4K, this is a newer hardware revision of the UD02D (HW:1.02, SW:1.02), the label says BDR-UD02TBD.
Last edited by KoLibre on Tue Oct 06, 2026 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4804
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Flashing Pioneer drives
Forget about it. You made a bad purchase.
-
navirich
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:10 pm
Re: Flashing Pioneer drives
Hello Coopervid, I would like to request the BDRFlash tool. Here is the Makemkv info for my drive:
Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-211M
Revision: 1.50
Serial number: xxxxxx
Firmware date: 2017-12-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 82
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8801
Firmware version: ID58
Thanks in advance
Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-211M
Revision: 1.50
Serial number: xxxxxx
Firmware date: 2017-12-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 82
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8801
Firmware version: ID58
Thanks in advance
-
Coopervid
- Posts: 4804
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm
Re: Flashing Pioneer drives
PM sent.navirich wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:19 pm Hello Coopervid, I would like to request the BDRFlash tool. Here is the Makemkv info for my drive:
Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-211M
Revision: 1.50
Serial number: xxxxxx
Firmware date: 2017-12-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 82
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8801
Firmware version: ID58
Thanks in advance
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6278
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Flashing Pioneer drives
See below for emailnavirich wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:19 pm Hello, I would like to request the BDRFlash tool. Here is the Makemkv info for my drive:
Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-211M
Revision: 1.50
Serial number: xxxxxx
Firmware date: 2017-12-21
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 82
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible, not yet enabled
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8801
Firmware version: ID58
Thanks in advance
Send me your makemkv drive info section
For everyone else no need to post your drive info section here just reach out directly to avoid the long post approval process
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments