Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Everything related to MakeMKV
williadw
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:39 am

Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by williadw »

It required me to download the latest version, which I did. Windows version.
I entered the latest key for 2.0.0 that is showing on the website here.

A) When I start the application, it says 'Your temporary key has expired and was removed. Please restart the application"

I restart it and I get: "This application version is too old. Please download the lastest version at ... blah blah blah"
I press 'OK' and the application shuts down.

I restart it and it restarts fine. I go to the About and it says it is version 2.0.0, License type:Freeware, Evaluation:Ended, Version Expires: Sat Jan 16 2077

I go to Register and put in the current license key from the website: T-vwvnrmF87JuRPLYYO8HnIrZR_LCAF7JXs9iJEm10moGpjEgkvmPTsf6Ox4BI@N5rPp
It shows me License Type: Time-limited, License Expires: 30.09.2026

I press OK and it asks me to please restart the app.

I do and it starts back from A) above and round and round we go.

Any ideas anyone?
Pradev
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:57 am

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by Pradev »

I am also having an issue using MakeMkv. It told me the beta key expired. I went to purchase one, but it tells me purchasing is temporarily disabled. The key it says to use seem my through this loop again. I think the key was set to expire on 9/30/26. Because I used it earlier today and this evening. But now it is 2am on the forum time on 9/30/26. So I’m guessing they need to update the key’s expiration
Woodstock
Posts: 10980
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by Woodstock »

The current beta key is always at: viewtopic.php?t=1053

However, it hasn't been updated yet. That should happen soon.
16442496
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by 16442496 »

Here MakeMKV v2.0.0. (linux) says:

Lisence type: Freeware
Evaluation : Not started
This version expires : Sat Jan 16 2027 [108 day(s)]

Compiled from official sources.

I didn't enter that old BETA key and app works as it should.
battleking4000
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:55 am

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by battleking4000 »

Unfortunately the Beta key is now expired , how can I purchase or get another key ?
theoldfarter
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by theoldfarter »

I installed v2.0.0 (Windows).
I restarted the app and used it as normal, entering no key.
Works fine.
New versions have always worked from the get-go.
Try installing it again and then just use it.
MarcelloGiaon
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2026 1:54 pm

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by MarcelloGiaon »

theoldfarter wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:03 am I installed v2.0.0 (Windows).
I restarted the app and used it as normal, entering no key.
Works fine.
New versions have always worked from the get-go.
Try installing it again and then just use it.
And for those who have the lifetime version?
Justabackup
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2026 6:20 pm

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by Justabackup »

Nope. Upgraded to 2.0.0 (Windows) and it just says the "Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you've found this application useful. You may still use all free functionality without any restrictions." and then another pop-up that just says "Backup failed". Same with opening a disc.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing. No good.

Worked fine on the previous version last night (29/09).

Guess we'll just have to wait for the new Beta reg code.
williadw
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:39 am

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by williadw »

Nope....

Uninstalled it, reinstalled it. Scanned a disk and says my evaluation period has expired and goes back to the scan icon.
DLloyd
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2026 6:02 pm

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by DLloyd »

I have the exact same issue. Very frustrating!
Vacantcousin
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2026 9:02 pm

Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key

Post by Vacantcousin »

Was having the same issues but noticed you can finally buy permanent keys again solved my issue just buy the Key makes life easier. To the MakMKV Team nice to see the site up again and the Permanent key buy option back up thanks.

Purchased after downloading 2.0 and going through the help menu to Purchase