It required me to download the latest version, which I did. Windows version.
I entered the latest key for 2.0.0 that is showing on the website here.
A) When I start the application, it says 'Your temporary key has expired and was removed. Please restart the application"
I restart it and I get: "This application version is too old. Please download the lastest version at ... blah blah blah"
I press 'OK' and the application shuts down.
I restart it and it restarts fine. I go to the About and it says it is version 2.0.0, License type:Freeware, Evaluation:Ended, Version Expires: Sat Jan 16 2077
I go to Register and put in the current license key from the website: T-vwvnrmF87JuRPLYYO8HnIrZR_LCAF7JXs9iJEm10moGpjEgkvmPTsf6Ox4BI@N5rPp
It shows me License Type: Time-limited, License Expires: 30.09.2026
I press OK and it asks me to please restart the app.
I do and it starts back from A) above and round and round we go.
Any ideas anyone?
Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key
-
williadw
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 12:39 am
-
Pradev
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2026 1:57 am
Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key
I am also having an issue using MakeMkv. It told me the beta key expired. I went to purchase one, but it tells me purchasing is temporarily disabled. The key it says to use seem my through this loop again. I think the key was set to expire on 9/30/26. Because I used it earlier today and this evening. But now it is 2am on the forum time on 9/30/26. So I’m guessing they need to update the key’s expiration
-
Woodstock
- Posts: 10980
- Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key
The current beta key is always at: viewtopic.php?t=1053
However, it hasn't been updated yet. That should happen soon.
However, it hasn't been updated yet. That should happen soon.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
FAQ about BETA and PERMANENT keys.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
-
16442496
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:47 pm
Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key
Here MakeMKV v2.0.0. (linux) says:
Lisence type: Freeware
Evaluation : Not started
This version expires : Sat Jan 16 2027 [108 day(s)]
Compiled from official sources.
I didn't enter that old BETA key and app works as it should.
Lisence type: Freeware
Evaluation : Not started
This version expires : Sat Jan 16 2027 [108 day(s)]
Compiled from official sources.
I didn't enter that old BETA key and app works as it should.
-
theoldfarter
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm
Re: Cannot use 2.0.0 version after entering latest key
I installed v2.0.0 (Windows).
I restarted the app and used it as normal, entering no key.
Works fine.
New versions have always worked from the get-go.
Try installing it again and then just use it.
I restarted the app and used it as normal, entering no key.
Works fine.
New versions have always worked from the get-go.
Try installing it again and then just use it.