Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
-
Xehelios
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2026 6:14 am
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
Sorry, but what's up with InitioMptool and BitDefender? It flags it as a virus and won't even let me download it. Is this a known issue?
-
Xehelios
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2026 6:14 am
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
Not sure if I should post this here or in the Flashing post.
I followed all the steps and I believe I uploaded the new firmware as instructed. You can see my screenshot of MPTool
https://cloud.civera.ca/01a0eb4e-f21a-7 ... 0742402056
However, when I try to use SDFTool Flasher, I see the drive, I select the firmware (HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU40N-1.03-NM00000-211810241934), but when I press Start, nothing happens.
I followed all the steps and I believe I uploaded the new firmware as instructed. You can see my screenshot of MPTool
https://cloud.civera.ca/01a0eb4e-f21a-7 ... 0742402056
However, when I try to use SDFTool Flasher, I see the drive, I select the firmware (HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU40N-1.03-NM00000-211810241934), but when I press Start, nothing happens.
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6238
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
did you use enc?Xehelios wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:58 am Not sure if I should post this here or in the Flashing post.
I followed all the steps and I believe I uploaded the new firmware as instructed. You can see my screenshot of MPTool
https://cloud.civera.ca/01a0eb4e-f21a-7 ... 0742402056
However, when I try to use SDFTool Flasher, I see the drive, I select the firmware (HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU40N-1.03-NM00000-211810241934), but when I press Start, nothing happens.
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
Xehelios
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2026 6:14 am
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
Sorry, not sure what you mean. If you mean, "Did I leave encryption on?" the answer is yes. Although I tried both ways, I got the same result.

And if you mean enclosure, then yes, I'm using the same USB-C enclosure.

And if you mean enclosure, then yes, I'm using the same USB-C enclosure.
-
starkiller
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2025 4:16 am
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
Strange. I assume it just has something to do with the fact that it manages usb devices, and is manufacturer specific, not "publicly released" software. I would like to get away from it and move to a cross platform custom implementation but I don't have time to work on it, and I don't know how many people the scratch implementation would really service.Xehelios wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:07 am Sorry, but what's up with InitioMptool and BitDefender? It flags it as a virus and won't even let me download it. Is this a known issue?
Did you get an error code, there is some new issue with the latest version of MakeMKV and the bundled sdftool compatibility with the SDFtool GUI but u/Billycar11 can speak with more authority on that issue. I also don't know if or how BitDefender manages usb interfaces and if it may be doing some shenanigans. Once you have the updated bridge f/w there is no reason for it not to work because the bridge will passthrough the drive commands as the old firmware will have been overwritten.Xehelios wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:34 am Sorry, not sure what you mean. If you mean, "Did I leave encryption on?" the answer is yes. Although I tried both ways, I got the same result.
Like what I do, buy me a coffee 8C96fmGxEHE7h9bUSUKQTc9CfvZgKScGBP78WHkJ7FaCdRL3HLTPiDYbKhQ8wUMvt1PXDpraPKDJdMz6F5enXbYmBrLAsPs (XMR)
-
zittrig
- Posts: 395
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:45 pm
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
I have that issue sometimes also with F-Secure. Some firmware tools were blocked, some not. Handle it as an exception.Xehelios wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:07 am Sorry, but what's up with InitioMptool and BitDefender? It flags it as a virus and won't even let me download it. Is this a known issue?
-
Xehelios
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2026 6:14 am
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
Don't know if it helps, but when I tried to flash on my Mac, I got the following error
And yes, I played a Blu-ray as instructed. And when I used I got
Code: Select all
No drive tool logic found in SDF.bin
Internal error 0x8d000000Code: Select all
-t mtk19xxCode: Select all
Reading input file /Users/dcivera/Desktop/HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU40N-1.03-NM00000-211810241934.bin
Flashing flags = 0x0 : 0 0 0 0 : ---- ---- ---- ----
Sending image in encrypted format
Unable to read current bootloader version, trying to proceed without one...
Current Drive ID: HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_BU40N_1.02_212012011716_MZFP55G1934
Using USB chipset workaround for Desktop drive handshake
Ready to write drive flash memory.
Type "yes" to continue, "no" to abort
yes
Operation started: Sending flash image to drive
Write DRAM NG 00/00/00
Command produced error code 0x82000000
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6238
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
yeah its acting like you did not flash the case chipset i would try that againXehelios wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:57 am Don't know if it helps, but when I tried to flash on my Mac, I got the following error
And yes, I played a Blu-ray as instructed. And when I usedCode: Select all
No drive tool logic found in SDF.bin Internal error 0x8d000000I gotCode: Select all
-t mtk19xx
Code: Select all
Reading input file /Users/dcivera/Desktop/HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU40N-1.03-NM00000-211810241934.bin Flashing flags = 0x0 : 0 0 0 0 : ---- ---- ---- ---- Sending image in encrypted format Unable to read current bootloader version, trying to proceed without one... Current Drive ID: HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_BU40N_1.02_212012011716_MZFP55G1934 Using USB chipset workaround for Desktop drive handshake Ready to write drive flash memory. Type "yes" to continue, "no" to abort yes Operation started: Sending flash image to drive Write DRAM NG 00/00/00 Command produced error code 0x82000000
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
bplewis24
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2026 11:07 pm
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
I had a similar issue my first attempt, but I realized that I never pressed "Start" after I pressed "Initialize" in the MPTool. Just something to consider.Xehelios wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 3:58 am Not sure if I should post this here or in the Flashing post.
I followed all the steps and I believe I uploaded the new firmware as instructed. You can see my screenshot of MPTool
https://cloud.civera.ca/01a0eb4e-f21a-7 ... 0742402056
However, when I try to use SDFTool Flasher, I see the drive, I select the firmware (HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BU40N-1.03-NM00000-211810241934), but when I press Start, nothing happens.
-
Xehelios
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2026 6:14 am
Re: Patching The New Archgon UHD drives to allow flashing
Thanks, everyone. I'm really struggling with this.
I tried again on another Windows machine and got nothing.
Originally, I thought that maybe the issue was that I was using a Windows VM in Proxmox or that BitDefender was messing up the process. However, I tried on a native Windows 11 machine (No VM, No BitDefender) and still got no luck. I tried to reflash the Initio chip. I tried to flash it back to the RAMU2S firmware and then back to the INIC3639F.
The only thing that differs from the instructions is that after pressing Start, I never see "Operation Success". The drive disappears, Windows tells me that it can't see it anymore, I unplug and plug the drive back a couple of times, and I see it again.
Or, I extracted the MPTool on my Mac and then copied and paste the folder on Windows. Can't see why that would be an issue, but at this point, I'm on a fishing expedition.
Any idea is welcome at this point.
I tried again on another Windows machine and got nothing.
Originally, I thought that maybe the issue was that I was using a Windows VM in Proxmox or that BitDefender was messing up the process. However, I tried on a native Windows 11 machine (No VM, No BitDefender) and still got no luck. I tried to reflash the Initio chip. I tried to flash it back to the RAMU2S firmware and then back to the INIC3639F.
The only thing that differs from the instructions is that after pressing Start, I never see "Operation Success". The drive disappears, Windows tells me that it can't see it anymore, I unplug and plug the drive back a couple of times, and I see it again.
Or, I extracted the MPTool on my Mac and then copied and paste the folder on Windows. Can't see why that would be an issue, but at this point, I'm on a fishing expedition.
Any idea is welcome at this point.