Deadpool and Wolverine 4K Failed to open disc

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
tumblejunky

Deadpool and Wolverine 4K Failed to open disc

Post by tumblejunky »

I just got deadpool and wolverine and when trying to open disc to rip get error below. MakeMKV update 1.17.8 I am not sure what is needed for the decryption to work. Any help would be appreciated.
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
MrPenguin

Re: Deadpool and Wolverine 4K Failed to open disc

Post by MrPenguin »

tumblejunky wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2024 11:21 pm
I just got deadpool and wolverine and when trying to open disc to rip get error below. MakeMKV update 1.17.8 I am not sure what is needed for the decryption to work. Any help would be appreciated.
UHD disk? See this thread.
tumblejunky

Post by tumblejunky »

Yes. Sorry. Searched google and didn't see that thread pop up. Got to remember the shitification of search engines.
SmarmyGRC

Post by SmarmyGRC »

If I need to move this post lmk..

I am having an issue where Windows and MakeMKV don't register the Deadpool and Wolverine 4K disc at all. I just get, "No disc", after the light blinks green a few times and maybe 30 seconds. I'm on MakeMKV v1.17.8 x64.

I know this likely isn't an issue with MakeMKV, but I haven't ever had an issue opening a 4K disc and I just ripped Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade yesterday, and have ripped probably 60 others. I tried adding the latest keydb.cfg to "%USERPROFILE%\.MakeMKV" with no result.

I tried the regular blu-ray and it works as expected. I stuck the 4K disc in my PS5 and it works perfectly. Drive info below, it is a flashed BDR-UD03. Wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue?

Drive Information
OS device name: H:
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-UD04
Revision: 1.14
Serial number: [redacted]
Firmware date: 2020-06-15
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 81

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: RS8A10
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-US04
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.14
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

SmarmyGRC wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:31 pm
If I need to move this post lmk..

I am having an issue where Windows and MakeMKV don't register the Deadpool and Wolverine 4K disc at all. I just get, "No disc", after the light blinks green a few times and maybe 30 seconds. I'm on MakeMKV v1.17.8 x64.

I know this likely isn't an issue with MakeMKV, but I haven't ever had an issue opening a 4K disc and I just ripped Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade yesterday, and have ripped probably 60 others. I tried adding the latest keydb.cfg to "%USERPROFILE%\.MakeMKV" with no result.

I tried the regular blu-ray and it works as expected. I stuck the 4K disc in my PS5 and it works perfectly. Drive info below, it is a flashed BDR-UD03. Wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue?

Drive Information
OS device name: H:
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-UD04
Revision: 1.14
Serial number: [redacted]
Firmware date: 2020-06-15
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 81

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: RS8A10
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-US04
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.14
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
Start by cleaning the disc.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
SmarmyGRC

Post by SmarmyGRC »

tried that, mild soap, got it shining....still no dice... returning it and getting another copy from a different vendor

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:40 pm

Start by cleaning the disc.