Dumping suggestions

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
yschandra

Dumping suggestions

Post by yschandra »

Hi,

I recently started building my UHD collection, mostly old movies. I got Buffalo BRXL-PUS6U3B as there is a success with this driver. Able go to 1.03 version of BU40N firmware. Now of my collection 12 movies I expected to decrypt at least one movie. All of them failed with "volume key unknown". I checked the guide and verified every thing is in working order internet access etc. Example of one movie dump file I submitted is "MKB20_v61_Blade_Runner_2049_48CB". Just wanted to understand what is going on.

Thanks,
yschandra
MrPenguin

Re: Dumping suggestions

Post by MrPenguin »

yschandra wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:38 am
Now of my collection 12 movies I expected to decrypt at least one movie. All of them failed with "volume key unknown". I checked the guide and verified every thing is in working order internet access etc. Example of one movie dump file I submitted is "MKB20_v61_Blade_Runner_2049_48CB". Just wanted to understand what is going on.
Most likely, new disks have been released after all copies of the old releases have been sold, and MakeMKV likely hasn't seen any copies of the new releases yet. You'll need to email the TGZ dumps that MakeMKV has created to svq@makemkv.com as usual.

As an aside, you can also check whether the keys you need exist in the alternate KEYDB database. In other words, downloading the latest KEYDB.cfg file into MakeMKV's data directory (i.e. the directory were MakeMKV also writes its TGZ dump files) and restarting MakeMKV.
yschandra

Post by yschandra »

Thank you, I will submit the dumps as well as try your suggestion.
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

yschandra wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:19 pm
Thank you, I will submit the dumps as well as try your suggestion.
Check your PM?
yschandra

Post by yschandra »

MrPenguin wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:42 pm
yschandra wrote:
Now of my collection 12 movies I expected to decrypt at least one movie. All of them failed with "volume key unknown". I checked the guide and verified every thing is in working order internet access etc. Example of one movie dump file I submitted is "MKB20_v61_Blade_Runner_2049_48CB". Just wanted to understand what is going on.
Most likely, new disks have been released after all copies of the old releases have been sold, and MakeMKV likely hasn't seen any copies of the new releases yet. You'll need to email the TGZ dumps that MakeMKV has created to svq@makemkv.com as usual.

As an aside, you can also check whether the keys you need exist in the alternate KEYDB database. In other words, downloading the latest KEYDB.cfg file into MakeMKV's data directory (i.e. the directory were MakeMKV also writes its TGZ dump files) and restarting MakeMKV.
I tried keydb.cfg, which did not help.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

yschandra wrote:
Hi,

I recently started building my UHD collection, mostly old movies. I got Buffalo BRXL-PUS6U3B as there is a success with this driver. Able go to 1.03 version of BU40N firmware. Now of my collection 12 movies I expected to decrypt at least one movie. All of them failed with "volume key unknown". I checked the guide and verified every thing is in working order internet access etc. Example of one movie dump file I submitted is "MKB20_v61_Blade_Runner_2049_48CB". Just wanted to understand what is going on.

Thanks,
yschandra
In the logs, do you see any messages like:

HK download failed or disabled

if so, you still have issues with MakeMKV getting the keys.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com