For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Maxiumus Prime

Re: For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Post by Maxiumus Prime »

The package arrived and I couldn't be happier.
bob332

Re: For the Best Drives (ASUS & LG) and the Best Service (alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com) Click here!

Post by bob332 »

What is the "Cadillac" of drives?
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

bob332 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:20 pm
What is the "Cadillac" of drives?
the ASUS BW16.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
T3KN1KA

Post by T3KN1KA »

I joined the forum a couple of days ago as this is an entirely new world to me. I came across this thread after flashing my LG Slim Drive (BP50NB40, SVC: NB40) from 2014 and realized that it wanted a new retirement life as a paperweight. Unfortunately, I missed the part about the drive being too old. :D

While shopping at my local Best Buy for a replacement, I searched online to make sure that the LG replacement (BP50NB40, SVC: NB52) was compatible. No more paperweights! I was pleasantly surprised to find this thread and that Alex provided his number for customer service. What a God send!

However, I didn't realize he was selling drives, but asked if he could flash the drive that I was purchasing. He said he could, if I ship the drive out to him. I asked if he did remote flashing and he emphatically discouraged me from ever allowing anyone to do that. Instead, he offered to guide me through the entire process. He was incredibly pleasant, patient, helpful and honest throughout our entire text and email correspondences. He never once mentioned payment and cost for his assistance. He emailed me a zipped folder with all of the required files and guided me step-by-step. After bricking one drive, this was certainly reassuring to have an expert's live support. Once all was said and done, I was relieved and excited to venture into this new world of preserving my collection. Grateful for his assistance and having met a genuinely pleasant person wanting to help, I asked Alex how I could repay him for his generous support. It was only then that he mentioned how I could help by way of a donation and a review. I was happy to do both!

So now here I am, writing this testimonial. It's so refreshing to meet folks who are genuinely pleasant and willing to offer a helping hand. I can highly recommend Alex's services! Thank you again!
Last edited by T3KN1KA on Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Great meeting you today and thank you for the kind words here!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829