Feel Like Making UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
g4sho

Feel Like Making UHD

Post by g4sho »

m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 43008, attempting to work around. This is the message that is repeated over and over, with different offset values. Let it run for 1/2 hour no difference. I am on 1.17.4 of makemkv. It is a licensed copy. This is a new UHD, so maybe its a new protection scheme. I will now see if it will play in my panasonic uhd player to insure it is not a disc problem. Yeah, it plays fine in Pansonic uhd player. Any help would be appreciated.
Woodstock

Re: Feel Like Making UHD

Post by Woodstock »

it's more likely you've got a dirty disk, and cleaning it will be helpful. Playing isn't a "yeah it works" thing, because the playback software is damage-tolerant.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

Woodstock wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:11 am
it's more likely you've got a dirty disk, and cleaning it will be helpful. Playing isn't a "yeah it works" thing, because the playback software is damage-tolerant.
Of course I cleaned the disc not a rookie, but thanks. And the drive Asus,(I have 2) I have been using to rip disk probably 4 years at least if not more. So if you have any other ideas, I am open, and anybody else more familiar is welcome to chime in. Thanks
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

g4sho wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:58 am
Woodstock wrote:
Of course I cleaned the disc not a rookie, but thanks. And the drive Asus,(I have 2) I have been using to rip disk probably 4 years at least if not more. So if you have any other ideas, I am open, and anybody else more familiar is welcome to chime in. Thanks
Replace the disc or get another drive to try.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:13 am
g4sho wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:58 am
Woodstock wrote:
Replace the disc or get another drive to try.
Why would I replace a brand spanking new disc that plays in a regular uhd player. The damage-tolerant comment above doesn't apply here at all. As a matter of fact my experience has been the opposite. Usually my actual external disc players have always been more sensitive than my pc disc drives. And I do have a second drive as stated above(2 Asus) and it is the same in both. Does anybody else have this disc it is basically a Bob James Trio mini concert.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

asus and lg desktop drives are junk
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:00 am
They have been working for 4 years, nothing junk about it. If you don't know anything about the subject at hand, please go piss on some other thread. Thanks
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

g4sho wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:17 am
Billycar11 wrote:
They have been working for 4 years, nothing junk about it. If you don't know anything about the subject at hand, please go piss on some other thread. Thanks
k i have just tested thousands of them

but yeah the answer is the disc or the drive nothing more nothing less
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:46 am
g4sho wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:17 am
Billycar11 wrote:
k i have just tested thousands of them

but yeah the answer is the disc or the drive nothing more nothing less
Then we are in agreement about disk or drive, and I have already disproved it being the drives. It may be the disc, but not something wrong with disc physically. But a new copy protection scheme, because they are aware of makemkv and how it works. Nothing more nothing less, as you put it. There is nothing physically wrong with the disc. And you tested 1000's of drives? What does that have to do with my two drives that work on everything but this particular disc, I am just asking because I don't understand the reference.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

LMAO. Yes, totally a new copy protection scheme. Can't possibly be anything else. Good luck. You're going to need it.

P.S. Yes, he's tested that many drives. He's a seller. He knows what he's talking about. Most of us use Pioneer or bu40n drives specifically for this very problem.
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:29 pm
LMAO. Yes, totally a new copy protection scheme. Can't possibly be anything else. Good luck. You're going to need it.

P.S. Yes, he's tested that many drives. He's a seller. He knows what he's talking about. Most of us use Pioneer or bu40n drives specifically for this very problem.
I did not say it couldn't be anything else. I said it is a possibility. Seeing that I have ruled out the drives,and like I said the disc is brand new and plays in all my actual ub420 player. And I was not challenging his credentials, but his credentials does not make the two drives I have been using for 4 years or more junk, when they work fine with every other disc. And I have ripped at least 40 uhd as well as hundreds of standard blu ray. And I got a brand new copy of 12 monkeys uhd, and it ripped it just fine. And at the time I got the drives in the early days of mkv being able to rip uhd, they were the drives that were being recommended(BW-16D1HT), and for good reason. They worked. So now all of the sudden, they are junk? And by the way the bu40n is LG,so is it junk as he said? And thanks but I don't need luck, I need to know if someone else has this disc and has the same problem. That would be a start.
g4sho

Post by g4sho »

Just going thru logical steps to try to come to a conclusion, I used image burn to make an iso backup of this disc. The main purpose was to see if it could read the disc error-less and produce an exact copy iso. If the disc it self were damage imageburn will report it in its log file. It records errors even if it tries to skip. There was absolutely no errors recorded and it completed without incident. This is using the same Asus drive that I have mentioned that would get errors when trying to rip with makemkv. When using makemkv, the drive has no problem reading what the disc is(title and such, and its early libre drive routine. The problems comes when it is in the phase of ripping and decrypting the disc. It has the read errors as it starts to get to the main movie .m2ts
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

g4sho wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:40 pm
Seeing that I have ruled out the drives,and like I said the disc is brand new and plays in all my actual ub420 player.
No, you haven't. And it playing in a stand alone is completely irrelevant. This topic has been discussed SO many times and someone always decides they know better than the people who've been around for years doing this stuff. You can continue to flail around looking for some phantom cause if you want but if you're expecting a different answer because you insist on one you're going to be disappointed. The answer is still your disc is bad/dirty or your drive(s) can't read the disc. Period.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

SamuriHL wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:40 pm
g4sho wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:40 pm
Seeing that I have ruled out the drives,and like I said the disc is brand new and plays in all my actual ub420 player.
No, you haven't. And it playing in a stand-alone is completely irrelevant. This topic has been discussed SO many times and someone always decides they know better than the people who've been around for years doing this stuff. You can continue to flail around looking for some phantom cause if you want but if you're expecting a different answer because you insist on one you're going to be disappointed. The answer is still your disc is bad/dirty or your drive(s) can't read the disc. Period.
We purchase discs from Amazon for stress testing new drives, and sometimes we will buy five discs of the same title. On several occasions, we have received brand new discs that are faulty and giving read errors, and when we have asked for a replacement, then all is good. So , brand new discs do not mean new discs are always perfect. So has SamuriHL said that just because you have not heard the answer you want, please listen to the people on this forum who have experience in these areas. SamuriHL and Billycar11 are held in very high respect on this forum.

Asmcom :mrgreen:

UHD Friendly Drives Team
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

g4sho wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:21 pm
Just going thru logical steps to try to come to a conclusion, I used image burn to make an iso backup of this disc. The main purpose was to see if it could read the disc error-less and produce an exact copy iso. If the disc it self were damage imageburn will report it in its log file. It records errors even if it tries to skip. There was absolutely no errors recorded and it completed without incident. This is using the same Asus drive that I have mentioned that would get errors when trying to rip with makemkv. When using makemkv, the drive has no problem reading what the disc is(title and such, and its early libre drive routine. The problems comes when it is in the phase of ripping and decrypting the disc. It has the read errors as it starts to get to the main movie .m2ts
its lg/asus jamless play feature making it appear to copy without error it just puts garbage data were it cant read this feature cant be turned off far as i know.
so makmekv or the program dont know to retry it just sees bad data and says its bad data or the program does not know like imgburn.
so again its a read error makemkv is already decrypting it and is comparing everything as it rips to the hash table and if it sees something is wrong it tells you about it.
and it seems makemkv cant retry when it gets the garbage data from an lg/asus compared to when a pioneer gets to a bad spot it does not send bad data and it just retries.