I have been using the beta version for a month ripping movies to my hard drive and it ran out this morning so I downloaded the new version and despite not ripping any new movie to my hard drive the drive now says it's corrupt and access denied. Any advice would be most welcome because I have over 200 movies ripped to it and the thought over going through this again fills me with dread, in my recent file which lists about 20 movies done I can click on each and play them so the data seems to be fine but I can't seem to access the drive itself. Is there anyway of forcing the PC to run a check and fix possible corrupt files?
BTW I have a 22TB drive which has been separated into two 11TB halves and up to now I have been filling both sides with zero issues this has only happened when MakeMKV inforned me my old version was out of date and had to download the new version.
Hard Drive is now corrupt with access denied
-
Luminated67
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:17 pm
-
SamSpeexy
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:26 pm
Re: Hard Drive is now corrupt with access denied
What is your OS?
If you're on windows, you could try hooking up your hard drive to a linux system and see if you can access it from there.
If you're on windows, you could try hooking up your hard drive to a linux system and see if you can access it from there.
-
Luminated67
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:17 pm
Re: Hard Drive is now corrupt with access denied
I have the guys that do our software system at work looking in to it but the weird thing is the other folders in the Hard drive can all be accessed apart for the movies folder so something there is the issue. Everything they are trying to sort it isn’t getting access to that folder, I’m now hoping that worst case is that they can wipe the drive to start over rather than the drive itself is screwed.SamSpeexy wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 3:44 pm What is your OS?
If you're on windows, you could try hooking up your hard drive to a linux system and see if you can access it from there.