Loosing conection

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Nitram

Loosing conection

Post by Nitram »

Hello everyone, So here is my situation. I recently purchased because of heavy use and desire to help support the amazing person or people who created it. So on to the issue. some times I will experience a strange behavior. I open the program and it identifies my external DVD/Blu-ray drive no issue. I place a disc in the drive it reads the disc and suddenly behaves like there is no drive connected to the computer.. I restart it and it repeats the same behavior. The only fix I have found for this is to open another one of my dvd or media related programs and that seems to resolve it. To Confirm it is related to Make MKV I have done the following. I have tried multiple media types in MakeMKV and all my other related programs and MakeMKV is the only one displaying the symptom. Any help would be appreciated.
dcoke22

Re: Loosing conection

Post by dcoke22 »

Often times optical drives disappear when being used with MakeMKV because they try to draw more power than is available to them. If your drive is powered by USB, make sure both USB plugs are used on high powered ports.