request for ui enhancements

Everything related to MakeMKV
blueblue

request for ui enhancements

Post by blueblue »

I've purchased a few tv shows, which means many disks all in the same format. Generally I do the same thing over and over: insert a new disk, scan, manually select my titles; but then for each title I want to remove everything that isn't english subtitles, or english audio. And for blurays I generally only want the HD quality etc.

So there is a lot of repetition trying to check the right boxes and uncheck the ones I don't want.

I was wondering if its possible to have some setting somewhere that says: only select $LANGUAGE subtitles and audio, and for audio maybe even a prioritized list; if there is "True HD Surround 7.1 $LANG" then only select that audio, else if there is "DD Surround 5.1 $LANG" then only select that one, else fall back to the other $LANG audio only.

Etc etc. Just something to make it easier/quick to rip these to my NAS. I have a few shows with a number of seasons, it gets repetitive but more importantly error prone to make sure they're all ripped in the same format which uses as little disk space as possible.
outlier

Re: request for ui enhancements

Post by outlier »

Language already exists - just specify the language in the preferences. Though be aware that if you've got something that doesn't have any english audio tracks then you can end up with an audio-less mkv file.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Checking 'Expert mode' in Preferences > 'General' tab exposes the 'Advanced' tab

On the 'Advanced' tab, one can manipulate the 'Default selection rule' per the following:

Changing default track selection
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I used to use the language filters, but turned them off almost immediately. Too much stuff has the wrong language attached to tracks, calling "everything" by some preferred-by-the-publisher language, be it English, Chinese, or whatever. I just rip everything, and chose languages later (everything goes through handbrake after ripping).
blueblue

Post by blueblue »

Thanks guys, the language in the preference seems to work very well for me and is a great help.