Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jcdr428

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by jcdr428 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:38 pm
Edit: Just tried Anna (FEL) with profile 6 and it stuttered as expected on my B9.
@shawnc22 does FEL stutter as well with profile 4 ?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

jcdr428 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:06 pm
shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:38 pm
Edit: Just tried Anna (FEL) with profile 6 and it stuttered as expected on my B9.
@shawnc22 does FEL stutter as well with profile 4 ?
Yep, all the remuxes I've made in profile 4 have all stuttered on the LG internal player, regardless of MEL/FEL. I still think the sample size is a bit small to conclusively say the stuttering in profile 6 videos is caused by MEL/FEL. I have only tested 2 of each for full length titles.
jcdr428

Post by jcdr428 »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:14 pm
Yep, all the remuxes I've made in profile 4 have all stuttered on the LG internal player, regardless of MEL/FEL. I still think the sample size is a bit small to conclusively say the stuttering in profile 6 videos is caused by MEL/FEL. I have only tested 2 of each for full length titles.
The player probably does not detect the FEL condition. The way FEL is triggered in the RPU of profile 7 and of profile 4/6 seems to be different. So it is not as simple as copying the EL/RPU from the second track to the first.
This is what the Dolby documentation says:

Edit: if anyone is interested in parsing RPU information https://patentimages.storage.googleapis ... 9132A1.pdf
Last edited by jcdr428 on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Ah that does seem like a plausible explanation. I personally have never gotten profile 7 files to work on my B9, but people previously in this thread have reported that dual track dual layer profile 7 mp4 remuxes made with mp4muxer play without issue on their LG C# internal players. If anyone with a C# TV can try a mp4 prof7 remux of an FEL movie, that would be helpful.
jcdr428

Post by jcdr428 »

Eg in the RPU patent:
"rpu_type specifies the type of this RPU and must be 2 for the BDA Ultra HD Blu-ray Option-A HDR coding system."
"rpu_format specifies further information related to the prediction and coding process given rpu_type. The value of rpu_format must remain the same for the entire sequence. For BDA Ultra-HD Blu-ray, rpu_format must be set to 0."
"vdr_rpu_profile and vdr_rpu_level specify the profile and the level constraints that the Dolby Vision reference processing conforms to, and must be 1 and 0, respectively, for BDA Option-A HDR."
"For BDA Ultra-HD Blu-ray, vdr_seq_info_present_flag must be set to 0."
"chroma_resampling_explicit_filter_flag must be equal to 0 for Ultra-HD Blu-ray."
etc. etc.

These values/RPUs are valid for profile 7 but may not be for other profiles.
So somebody must parse the RPU metadata for profile 7 and profile 4/6 and analyse the difference.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:36 pm
Ah that does seem like a plausible explanation. I personally have never gotten profile 7 files to work on my B9, but people previously in this thread have reported that dual track dual layer profile 7 mp4 remuxes made with mp4muxer play without issue on their LG C# internal players. If anyone with a C# TV can try a mp4 prof7 remux of an FEL movie, that would be helpful.
I just watched Knives Out which is FEL on the LG C8.
This was Profile 7 with DTS-HD MA 7.1 audio.

Zero issues.
jcdr428

Post by jcdr428 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:57 pm

Zero issues.
:) So the best option is still to keep profile 7, until RPU info has been checked to be fully compliant.
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

Zero issues.
Made with separate tracks in mp4muxer without going through yusecope's tool first, right?
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

jcdr428 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:00 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:

Zero issues.
:) So the best option is still to keep profile 7, until RPU info has been checked to be fully compliant.
Agree, I just wish my TV could play Atmos :)
I'm converting all Atmos to DTS-HD MA 7.1 and it streams the core DTS so its something I guess.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:01 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:
shawnc22 wrote:

Zero issues.
Made with separate tracks in mp4muxer without going through yusecope's tool first, right?
Correct, this was mp4muxer and mp4box. - the old fashion way from a month ago :)
ragico

Post by ragico »

shawnc22 wrote:
If anyone with a C# TV can try a mp4 prof7 remux of an FEL movie, that would be helpful.
Yes, I did many mp4 and all play perfectly in LG C8 via plex/emby webOS apps, Some titles: First Man, Gemini man, BlacKkKlansman, Mission Impossible - Fallout, Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation, The Deer Hunter, Transformers, and many more.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

jcdr428 wrote:
Angryunibrow wrote:

Zero issues.
@jcdr428

If I use the latest tsmuxer I can drop in the BL.hevc and EL.hevc and then the blu-ray playlist to select the Atmos and make a correct Profile 7 .ts with Atmos correct?
I know if will not play on my TV, but I can select the core .ac3 file and in theory it should be just fine.

This I would prefer right now because I have no issues playing them and I know i'm playing the movie with out alteration in its true form.

I shouldn't need any other tool in this case right?
shawnc22

Post by shawnc22 »

Angryunibrow wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:10 pm
jcdr428 wrote:
Angryunibrow wrote:

Zero issues.
@jcdr428

If I use the latest tsmuxer I can drop in the BL.hevc and EL.hevc and then the blu-ray playlist to select the Atmos and make a correct Profile 7 .ts with Atmos correct?
I know if will not play on my TV, but I can select the core .ac3 file and in theory it should be just fine.

This I would prefer right now because I have no issues playing them and I know i'm playing the movie with out alteration in its true form.

I think that should be the expectation and worth a try, but if I'm remembering correctly, I believe that @RESET_9999 has said in the past that those prof 7 .ts files made straight from the original m2ts will only play on the x700 or oppo. If that is the case, then there's a question of what's being done different between mp4muxer and tsmuxer to create prof 7 dual track files.
Angryunibrow

Post by Angryunibrow »

shawnc22 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:17 pm
Angryunibrow wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:10 pm
jcdr428 wrote:

@jcdr428

I think that should be the expectation and worth a try, but if I'm remembering correctly, I believe that @RESET_9999 has said in the past that those prof 7 .ts files made straight from the original m2ts will only play on the x700 or oppo. If that is the case, then there's a question of what's being done different between mp4muxer and tsmuxer to create prof 7 dual track files.

You know what I did try this and it only played HDR, I remember now - I've done so many tests I can't keep track.
I do not think the LG player can do DV in .ts, I even tried .m2ts for the hell of it and that was also only HDR

I would love Profile 7 with Atmos to play on my TV, even if I could only use the core .ac3 right now.
HDMI 2.1 Earc will solve that someday and it would be nice to have a full profile 7 with Atmos working.

I made the comment that tsmuxer was assigning profile 7.05, while mp4muxer was profile 7.06 - I do not know if that matters.
Maxoumax6

Post by Maxoumax6 »

Hi guys,

Just a test. I've dowloaded this BD https://www.demo-world.eu/2018/08/30/do ... arch-2018/

I used ffmpeg to get the BL and EL files, then used yusesope's tool (v. 0.0.3) with "-mode 2" option.
I used Ts (git-2ff96ce) to remux that with the "e-ac3 dolby digital with dolby atmos" track. The TrueHD track is not played by the internal player of the TV.

I manage to trigger both DolbyVision and DoblyAtmos on my LG C8 and that's cool!

Seems to be that BL+RPU profile 5 works smoothly on C8.