Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
OPTiX
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by OPTiX »

Hi!

I'm all new to the whole topic of accessing movies on Bluray discs.
I was looking into copying one of my favorite UHD movies from disc onto my PC, however sadly I've stumbled into issues left and right :P (I know I know, you've had this so often already).

I got myself a Asus BW-16D1HT from Amazon and tried getting it to read my UHD disc. As lucky as I am, it's running the newest (?) firmware 3.03 and thus won't detect any UHD drive I put into it.
I tried flashing the firmware to a "compatible" firmware version, however turns out my mainboard doesn't support IDE anymore, so I can't flash it myself.

Before I re-buy the same disc drive over and over again at different places to find one with a older firmware or me somehow managing the flashing process, I thought it'd be easier like this:
Out of desperation I'm looking for someone that could either sell me a Asus BW-16D1HT with the correct firmware on it so it's ready-to-use or someone who I could ship my drive to and have it be downgraded. Obviously I'm ready to pay for this service as I know everyone's time is a valuable asset :D
Simply to keep shipping costs low I'd definitely prefer someone from the EU (I am from Germany).

Best regards,
Ryan
BlueMac77
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by BlueMac77 »

OPTiX wrote:Hi!

I'm all new to the whole topic of accessing movies on Bluray discs.
I was looking into copying one of my favorite UHD movies from disc onto my PC, however sadly I've stumbled into issues left and right :P (I know I know, you've had this so often already).

I got myself a Asus BW-16D1HT from Amazon and tried getting it to read my UHD disc. As lucky as I am, it's running the newest (?) firmware 3.03 and thus won't detect any UHD drive I put into it.
I tried flashing the firmware to a "compatible" firmware version, however turns out my mainboard doesn't support IDE anymore, so I can't flash it myself.

Before I re-buy the same disc drive over and over again at different places to find one with a older firmware or me somehow managing the flashing process, I thought it'd be easier like this:
Out of desperation I'm looking for someone that could either sell me a Asus BW-16D1HT with the correct firmware on it so it's ready-to-use or someone who I could ship my drive to and have it be downgraded. Obviously I'm ready to pay for this service as I know everyone's time is a valuable asset :D
Simply to keep shipping costs low I'd definitely prefer someone from the EU (I am from Germany).

Best regards,
Ryan
Hi Ryan. You can get in touch with this member for downgrading the firmware or buying a ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT for UHD here at https://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopi ... 16&t=17781
OPTiX
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by OPTiX »

Thanks for your response :)

I've actually gotten in contact with that forum user but sadly the shipping alone adds so much costs that I'm collecting alternatives first :P.
BlueMac77
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by BlueMac77 »

Sorry to hear that the shipping cost was expensive. I was assuming the cost to ship to Germany would be acceptable. Hope you would be able to find alternate solutions.
jonghotti
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Contact:

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by jonghotti »

We'll work it out, no worries.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
stoli412
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:44 pm
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by stoli412 »

Hi, new to the forum. I’m also looking for someone who could flash my BW-16D1HT either in the UK or in Europe. I would flash it myself but I don’t have access to a computer with SATA-IDE legacy support. Anyone able to help?
jonghotti
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Contact:

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by jonghotti »

stoli412 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:53 pm
Hi, new to the forum. I’m also looking for someone who could flash my BW-16D1HT either in the UK or in Europe. I would flash it myself but I don’t have access to a computer with SATA-IDE legacy support. Anyone able to help?
Yep, PM sent.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
stonesour87
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by stonesour87 »

Looking for an external drive for my laptop if you can help Alex
Cheers
Liam
jonghotti
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Contact:

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by jonghotti »

stonesour87 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:04 pm
Looking for an external drive for my laptop if you can help Alex
Cheers
Liam
Two PMs sent I am at your service sir.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
jonghotti
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Contact:

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by jonghotti »

OPTiX wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:50 am
Thanks for your response :)

I've actually gotten in contact with that forum user but sadly the shipping alone adds so much costs that I'm collecting alternatives first :P.
Coming very soon to a European country near you: Ghotti branded 4K Ultra HD friendly Blu Ray drives purchased, flashed, and shipped to you without crazy posting costs from the USA.

Guaranteed to work right out of the box! R

Brought to you by the Original 4k Friendly Blu Ray drive connection.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
RichDD
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by RichDD »

jonghotti wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:17 am

Coming very soon to a European country near you: Ghotti branded 4K Ultra HD friendly Blu Ray drives purchased, flashed, and shipped to you without crazy posting costs from the USA.

Guaranteed to work right out of the box! R

Brought to you by the Original 4k Friendly Blu Ray drive connection.
Hi @jonghotti, is this something you are still offering?
jonghotti
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Contact:

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by jonghotti »

RichDD wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:33 pm
jonghotti wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:17 am

Coming very soon to a European country near you: Ghotti branded 4K Ultra HD friendly Blu Ray drives purchased, flashed, and shipped to you without crazy posting costs from the USA.

Guaranteed to work right out of the box! R

Brought to you by the Original 4k Friendly Blu Ray drive connection.
Hi @jonghotti, is this something you are still offering?
yes, email me alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
drjohnnyfever
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by drjohnnyfever »

jonghotti wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:30 pm
yes, email me alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com
I've e-mailed you (2 days ago) and sent you a PM (today), but maybe you aren't getting them? I'm looking for a ready-to-use drive (with enclosure) to be sent to Canada.
jonghotti
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue May 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Contact:

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by jonghotti »

drjohnnyfever wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:47 pm
jonghotti wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:30 pm
yes, email me alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com
I've e-mailed you (2 days ago) and sent you a PM (today), but maybe you aren't getting them? I'm looking for a ready-to-use drive (with enclosure) to be sent to Canada.
PMs been responded to, the emails I may not have gotten to yet.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
RichDD
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Re: Looking for ready-to-use Asus BW-16D1HT or flash-service

Post by RichDD »

jonghotti wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:30 pm
RichDD wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:33 pm
jonghotti wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:17 am

Coming very soon to a European country near you: Ghotti branded 4K Ultra HD friendly Blu Ray drives purchased, flashed, and shipped to you without crazy posting costs from the USA.

Guaranteed to work right out of the box! R

Brought to you by the Original 4k Friendly Blu Ray drive connection.
Hi @jonghotti, is this something you are still offering?
yes, email me alexcoluzzi32@gmail.com
Done. Thank you.
Post Reply