[resolved] Current Beta key?

Everything related to MakeMKV
argonaut

Re: Current Beta key?

Post by argonaut »

http://www.makemkv.com/buy/

I found it inside the client under, Help, Purchase. I ended up buying it as the beta key stopped working for me. It is pretty expensive at $50.00. You do get lifetime upgrades through. I really hope we get the features that have been requested.

The purchasing system is totally shady. It is a company called Avangate. I went through three credit cards before trying PayPal, which worked. All three of my credit card companies called me immediately as everyone of them thought it was fraud. I asked each one of them if they had complaints about only one could tell me immediately and they answered "yes." In their records it is high risk to use Avangate. So make sure you have a good credit card with good fraud protection. The other two told me they would investigate and get back to me if there were customers with problems as well.

It took about 30 minutes for my key to be delivered to me via e-mail.

I would hope the author(s) of MakeMKV find a better, safer solution for purchasing. Also, they should think about placing a giant "Buy" button on the website as it is not obvious where to go to purchase the software, which is surely hurting sales.
Last edited by argonaut on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@argonaut

Hi!
The purchasing system is totally shady. It is a company called Downloadpipe.

According to the "Purchase" webpage, transactions regarding MakemKV are processed by the well-known Avangate.

At what point in your purchase procedure did "Downloadpipe" come into play?

"Downloadpipe.com" is a website for downloading freeware and shareware - and has no connection with MakeMKV. I'm guessing that "Downloadpipe.com" is where you originally obtained a copy of MakeMKV, rather than getting it from "www.MakeMKV.com"...

RarefiedAir24

Post by RarefiedAir24 »

setarip, does this mean MakeMKV is out of Beta???
argonaut

Post by argonaut »

setarip_old wrote:@argonaut
At what point in your purchase procedure did "Downloadpipe" come into play?
@setarip_old

In my haste to get a response to those looking to order it I inadvertently transposed downloadpipe with Avangate when typing. The credit card companies all thought the fraud was from Avangate. The order is made through downloadpipe. The order is "processed" by Avangate. All of the emails say I bought it though downloadpipe. I think Avangate handled the processing of money and downloadpipe handled the key gen and delivery. The reply-to email address is customer@avangate.com I'm happy to share redacted emails from my order. I was equally confused as to why downloadpipe was involved in my transaction. Thanks for the catch.

I'll edit my other post.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@RarefiedAir24

Hi!
setarip, does this mean MakeMKV is out of Beta???
I don't know (If I did know, I certainly would have posted that information ;>}). I'd expect that "mike admin" will be stopping by in the next few hours to clarify things...

mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Beta key updated. You can always purchase at http://www.makemkv.com/buy
Marc_G

Re: [resolved] Current Beta key?

Post by Marc_G »

Thanks Mike!
docchris

Post by docchris »

yes, thanks!
jdb18

Post by jdb18 »

Hi guys. Like the program so far but im a lil confused. What do you mean the beta key has been updated? Do we need to purchase the software now? I know these questions were previously asked but there was no real yes or no.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@jdb18

Hi!

Click on the following link for the procedure for updating your (still free) beta key:

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

downloadpipe

Post by downloadpipe »

DownloadPipe is an affiliate of MakeMKV - and is a perfectly legitimate website, processing thousands of transactions per month.

MakeMKV uses Avangate to support their affiliate system.

Avangate, too, is a highly credible operation.

I don't see any evidence here of anything 'shady'.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I had zero problems when I bought my license. Everything went as expected.