Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
MMORE
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by MMORE »

Hi, what difference is there between 3.00 and 3.01?
I do not want to flash for nothing.
Thanks.
TeddyRaspin
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by TeddyRaspin »

Asus 3.02 clean firmware with flasher (to allow crossflash or easy upgrade from previous versions).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MMORE
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by MMORE »

@TeddyRaspin
Does the 3.02 support UHD discs?
Thanks.
SamuriHL
Posts: 2805
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by SamuriHL »

Yea, what does 3.02 bring to the table? Cause I personally won't be flashing anything until I know I can flash back to 3.01 at a minimum. Do we have any idea what they changed?
TeddyRaspin
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by TeddyRaspin »

I've tried 3.02 and reads UHD discs as before. With MakeMKV it is really faster than the BH16NS55 firmware and it has nothing to do with the AACS loophole.
SamuriHL
Posts: 2805
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by SamuriHL »

Well, then I guess it doesn't hurt anything but I'm not having any issues with 3.01 including rip speed so for now I think I'll hold off. But thanks for posting it as that's awesome.
skiddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by skiddy »

Not touching 3.02. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
flashback8
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by flashback8 »

skiddy wrote:Not touching 3.02. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!
Actually, I cross-flashed 3.02 to my LG WH16NS40 drive. I can finally rip some Sony triple-layer discs that both my LG and Asus drives couldn't handle. :) (Sadly, even with 3.02, my BW-16D1HT still chokes on these discs.) Ripped one already and spot checked it, and am working on the second now. I get the paranoia and all that but I really do think 3.02 is safe to flash, and may, at the very least, help the cross-flashers.
Deraga
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by Deraga »

I am going to wait on others to test 3.02
jmone
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:41 am

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by jmone »

I have 2 x LG WH16NS55. I've crossflashed one to 3.00 and one to 3.02. Both are ripping fine with MakeMKV. I'll do a speed comparison later on which one (if either) is faster.
flashback8
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by flashback8 »

Deraga wrote:I am going to wait on others to test 3.02
Flashed to the BW-16D1HT (Asus) and WH16NS40 (LG). Both work fine. I haven't done a speed comparison.
jmone
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:41 am

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by jmone »

Both the 3.00 and 3.02 followed exactly the same ripping speed profile as they increased to a max speed of around 34M/s. The drive with 3.00 seemed to occasional drop it's speed then it would pop back up. I'm flashing both to 3.02.
skiddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by skiddy »

I must admit my drive just struggled badly with Hacksaw Ridge (3-layer disk), but did manage to complete.

I presume people are using the standard flasher tool from Asus to go from 3.01->3.02?
MMORE
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by MMORE »

I used the standard ASUS flasher to go from 3.00 to 3.02.
It works perfectly.
Pheran
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:45 am

Re: Asus BW-16D1HT Firmware

Post by Pheran »

I don't have any reason to upgrade from 3.01, but it's nice to hear that ASUS didn't screw us over with the 3.02 update.