Feature request: toggling title using keyboard

Everything related to MakeMKV
mrjast

Feature request: toggling title using keyboard

Post by mrjast »

Hi,

first off, thanks for MakeMKV, I'm very happy with it. There's one thing that would make me even more happy: a keyboard shortcut for toggling the title that is currently selected in the list (e.g. space key). I've got a number of disks with a lot of titles, each of them listed twice (totalling ~150 titles), and clicking on half of them to eliminate the duplication is very tedious. It would be quite a bit less painful to keep hammering on arrow keys and space instead.

Even better would be a way to select and enable/disable multiple tracks at once, e.g. holding shift key, but given the tree structure of the list I'm guessing that would be harder to implement. Either option would be great, though.
Woodstock

Re: Feature request: toggling title using keyboard

Post by Woodstock »

If you use the <tab> key to get the cursor over to the left hand menu, the space bar will toggle selection. By default, though, the cursor is dropped into the meta/title box on the right.

Multi-select might be a good option, though. You have discovered the right-click context menus, correct?
mrjast

Re: Feature request: toggling title using keyboard

Post by mrjast »

Yeah, I did read about the right-click context menu.
Thanks for the pointer about switching the focus. You actually have to focus the left "Type" cell of the grid view; if you focus the "Description" cell the space bar does nothing. That's what tripped me up before (I habitually click on the bigger cell) and somehow it didn't occur to me to switch to the other column until I read your post.

So, armed with new knowledge, I would suggest letting a space bar press propagate to the check box even if a different part of the same row is selected. That makes it much easier to discover for the user.