Movies2MKV Converter

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
rc4ester

Re: Movies2MKV Converter

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:Please forgive me. I am not good with computer language.

How do I use the debug in the command prompt?
On the command prompt, change to the install directory and type: Movies2MKV.exe -debug

Let me know. If you still have issues, look at the previous post in regards to debug.
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

I applied your method but the command prompt shows nothing. It simply goes to the next line: C:\Program Files (x86)\Movie2MKV Converter>movies2mkv.exe - debug

Nothing happens? There are no errors...
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:I applied your method but the command prompt shows nothing. It simply goes to the next line: C:\Program Files (x86)\Movie2MKV Converter>movies2mkv.exe - debug

Nothing happens? There are no errors...
There won't be an error to the screen, but it should write to an error file here: C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Roaming\Movies2MKV Converter\logs
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

I will check tonight and let you know. Thanks
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

There is no such file called AppData in the location you specified?
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:There is no such file called AppData in the location you specified?
Yes, it's a hidden folder, you can just add it to the path on Windows Explorer. If you click on the path bar, at the end put: \AppData

It should load it up.
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:There is no such file called AppData in the location you specified?
Also, I did change the startup app so that when you do the debug, it will write to the screen as well. You could un-install, re-download, and install it again... then just run the debug command from the command prompt.
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

Well it looks like the Java application failed to start:

[SEVERE: CommonUtils.JVM.JavaExecuteException: Java application failed to start!
---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at
System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startinfo)
at CommonUtils.JVM.JavaExecutor.executeJavaApplication(Boolean createNoWindow, Boolean redirectIO, Boolean waitForExit)

Hopefully this answers the mystery...
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:Well it looks like the Java application failed to start:

[SEVERE: CommonUtils.JVM.JavaExecuteException: Java application failed to start!
---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at
System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startinfo)
at CommonUtils.JVM.JavaExecutor.executeJavaApplication(Boolean createNoWindow, Boolean redirectIO, Boolean waitForExit)

Hopefully this answers the mystery...
Did it list the JRE location like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Movie2MKV Converter>Movies2MKV.exe -debug
[FINE: Starting application
[FINER: Looking for current JRE's in Windows Registry
[FINEST: Java version[1.8] in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_25"
[FINEST: Java version[1.8] in "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25"

[FINER: Checking to see if there's a 64-bit JRE
[FINEST: Created new 64-bit JavaExecutor
[FINEST: Set the classpaths for execution
[FINEST: The start command is: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin\java.exe -X
ms512m -Xmx1024m -cp ".\*;.\lib\*;.\lib64\*" com.hom.r4.mkv.app.Movies2MKVConver
ter
[FINEST: Started the Java application
[INFO: Application completed successfully!

It appears to be not finding your Java install.
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

It does not list the executions like your listing them. It shows them like my previous post.

I have Java installed. Where should it be located?
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

Ok. I have it working now. I uninstalled my Java and re installed it. Program is working now!

Thank you for your help rc4ester.

I do not know if changing the program over to .net instead of Java is good or bad? What are the benefits of .net over Java?
rc4ester

Post by rc4ester »

Crapgame wrote:Ok. I have it working now. I uninstalled my Java and re installed it. Program is working now!

Thank you for your help rc4ester.

I do not know if changing the program over to .net instead of Java is good or bad? What are the benefits of .net over Java?
Well, .NET will be more native to Windows and it may be slightly faster processing. Also, you wouldn't run into issues like the ones we've been running into with Java. Apart from that, I'm not sure what other benefits would be there. Just thought I'd get the opinion in the forum. I've actually been writing it in .NET just to learn the language a little better. Probably still have another month or two before it's done.
hoppel118

Movies2MKV Converter

Post by hoppel118 »

Hey rc4ester,

this is a very great tool, well done. But how is it possible to get all the audio tracks (incl. Dolby True-HD, DTS-HD AM, etc.) into the mkv-file as default? In Movies2MKV is no option to choose. In MakeMKV I have to set this for every title.

Regards from Germany Hoppel
hoppel118

Movies2MKV Converter

Post by hoppel118 »

Hey rc4ester,

converted round about 350 of my dvd structure rips to mkv without problems. It's fantastic!

Now I want to convert my blurays to mkv, but I need to know how to get the hd audio tracks into the mkv.

Please help. Thanks a lot!

Regards
dandalo

Post by dandalo »

Just wanted to say Hallo to you and many compliments for your wonderful program !