New to makeMKV

Everything related to MakeMKV
magicj1

New to makeMKV

Post by magicj1 »

Hi there. I'm after some advice please.

I am just trying makeMKV 'before buying' but don't seem to be having much luck. Basically I have some BDMV 3D files I would like to make into MKV's so I can play using the Stereoscopic player.

In MakeMKV I go to file/open files/BDMV folder/index. Once MakeMKV has finished analysing this folder I select the Audio track and MVC-3D, then select Make MKV. The process starts but quite quickly hits the buffers and doesn't finsh. I have managed to successfully convert one file, but this is one of atleast 12 attempts.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I have disabled AnyDVD

Thanks.

Will
PaulCB

Re: New to makeMKV

Post by PaulCB »

Something is wrong, whether you are doing it or not.. ;) There are no issues with 3D discs (other than the lack of playback software options) and you should almost never have failures unless you have a dirty disc or failing drive. But for Mike or anyone else to be able to help you, you need to post the logs. Go into Preferences, General and select "log debug messages". Then post it here when you have a failure.
magicj1

Re: New to makeMKV

Post by magicj1 »

Thanks Paul. Think there must have been something a miss with my BDMV files. Straight off the disc works fine.