3D MVC Option

Everything related to MakeMKV
shane.cole

Re: 3D MVC Option

Post by shane.cole »

Intel is in the next release of Stereoscopic and works perfectly on my Mac mini with intel HD 3000.

It can't be far away from release if it hasn't been already (v2.00 is the beta I'm testing).
Fabio88

Post by Fabio88 »

Hello to everybody!
I guess Stereoscopic Player is for Windows only, what about Mac OSx ?
Thanks!
Fabio
shanec

Post by shanec »

Check at http://www.3dtv.at/, but I am pretty sure they are Windows only.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

I don't believe there's anything that can play 3D MVC under OS X, or even Linux (could be wrong). Maybe at some point hardware decoding can be used for that purpose, but we're not there yet.
Fabio88

Post by Fabio88 »

I don't believe it as well, the problem is only find it..there is a lot of junk which promise 3d and so on and would be quite annoying to check one by one.. I'll try to find some more info in some forum..
Thanks for helping! :)
Fabio
fanbanlo

Post by fanbanlo »

Any other options? PowerDVD and TotalMedia Theatre don't play 3D MVC MKV still correct?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

PDVD13 should. I haven't tested it though.
fanbanlo

Post by fanbanlo »

AWESOME! Glad to report PowerDVD 13 plays 3D MKV MVC and output to TV via hdmi 1.4a. Unlike stereoscopic player, those with nvidia needs not to buy nvidia 3dtv play.
shanec

Post by shanec »

So they don't fix it in PowerDVD 12 after saying they support it and didn't. Then they provide it in PowerDVD 13.

Paying for functionality they promised fricking blows.
shanec

Post by shanec »

fanbanlo wrote:AWESOME! Glad to report PowerDVD 13 plays 3D MKV MVC and output to TV via hdmi 1.4a. Unlike stereoscopic player, those with nvidia needs not to buy nvidia 3dtv play.
Wait, did you compare it to playing the ISO? Last time I tried it in 12 it was simulating the 3D and it wasn't using the full resolution (had small but visibile black bars on left and right, even when full screen).
milikito

Post by milikito »

How did you manage to get 3D MKV MVC working on PowerDVD 13? I tried two files as generated by MakeMKV and both were played in 2D by default. When enabling 3D on PowerDVD it was the SW conversion with the black frame and no HW acceleration, not the native MVC content.

Then I modified the headers using mkvmerge and set the video stereo mode value to 13. Now PowerDVD played automatically in 3D, HW acceleration was enabled again, but the same content is shown through both eyes, meaning no stereo... Clearly making some progress but not quite there yet... What am I missing??? Also, the Show Info display AVC decoder. But when playing the iso image it reported MVC. At least everything is consistent and make sense, but how does one get PowerDVD 13 to recognize MKV MVC content as it should?

PS: I'm using PowerDVD Ultra Trial edition v13.0.2720.57...
ltm82

Post by ltm82 »

Hi to All,

I got an official answer from Cyberlink about this incompatibility between PDVD12/13 and the MKV 3D created by MAKEMKV. (I have opened an official ticket to Cyberlink German Support).

Their opinion about this method to extract the 3D from a BluRay 3D is that it is not a correct standard. Cyberlink can not give us the warranty with this 3D MKV format.

I would like to have an official answer from MAKEMKV support about this issue.

Could "Makemkv support" give us your opinion?

ltm82
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

MakeMKV just repackages 3D stream to MKV file without any changes. This is the "standard" way to put a 3D video into MKV container, at lease that was agreed in matroska development lists.
twa000

Post by twa000 »

Well this format is already being processed successfully by the Meder8er 3D media player's and hopefully soon by the HDI-Dune 3D media player's, so cannot be that "non-standard" :)
Perhaps Cyberlink need to talk to the hardware companies - if they can get the hardware 3D chip/firmware to work, the software should be a breeze :lol:
fanbanlo

Post by fanbanlo »

I believe most Realtak 1186 media player can play MVC MKV.

http://www.amazon.com/Arrival-KDLINKS-H ... 008CBQSKU/
http://www.amazon.com/Micca-EP600-G2-WL ... pd_sim_e_2