Need help locating firmware patch file for my external slim LG BP60NB10

Everything related to MakeMKV
thegoblinking
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2026 5:51 pm

Need help locating firmware patch file for my external slim LG BP60NB10

Post by thegoblinking »

Hello everyone. I’m a newbie to this forum and need help finding a specific firmware patch file to flash my LG BP60NB10 slim external optical drive in order to access LibreDrive. I installed and launched MAKEMKV and it read my optical drive. Based on the information I got from MAKEMKV, I did further research to find out what firmware patch file to use, found in the
IMG_1739.png
attachment. However, when I downloaded the All You Need Firmware Pack from the forum, I couldn’t find the firmware patch file I need for my drive. If anyone has a link for that, it would be greatly appreciated. The file I’m looking for is:

HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP60NB10-NB12-
1.02-N000300-212107081556.bin
Sayaka
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2026 3:00 pm

Re: Need help locating firmware patch file for my external slim LG BP60NB10

Post by Sayaka »

Hello,

Here's official advice from Marty regarding your drive :
MartyMcNuts wrote: Thu Jan 15, 2026 5:08 am If your drive is SVC NB12 (sticker underneath) you should flash DE_LG_BP60NB10-NB12_1.02-MK. If it is SVC NB10, you should flash DE_LG_BP60NB10_1.02-MK.
These files should be in the "Slim External Drives" subfolder inside Marty's firmware pack here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/bpl3pz2b ... 9.zip/file

(Also please see the SDFtool Flasher thread here : viewtopic.php?t=22896)

Before flashing, please make sure your drive

1) Has a manufacturing date of 2016 or later
2) Has the MT1959 drive platform (*not* MT1939)

If it does meet these requirements, You will need to do a regular WRITE (no encryption, no bootloader, no RECOVER) with SDFtool flasher if your current firmware date is less than 2120 (2119 or earlier) - that would be a rawflash main with the command line interface. If your current firmware date is 2120 or later, you will need to do a regular WRITE with encryption (no bootloader, no RECOVER) - that would be a rawflash enc with the command line interface.

EDIT : Also, make sure there is no disc in the drive and the tray is closed before you start flashing. After flashing, power off (unplug) the drive for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and please let us know whether LibreDrive is enabled (and whether you can rip UHD discs if you've got any !)
MartyMcNuts
Posts: 5107
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Need help locating firmware patch file for my external slim LG BP60NB10

Post by MartyMcNuts »

thegoblinking wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2026 6:09 pm Hello everyone. I’m a newbie to this forum and need help finding a specific firmware patch file to flash my LG BP60NB10 slim external optical drive in order to access LibreDrive. I installed and launched MAKEMKV and it read my optical drive. Based on the information I got from MAKEMKV, I did further research to find out what firmware patch file to use, found in the IMG_1739.pngattachment. However, when I downloaded the All You Need Firmware Pack from the forum, I couldn’t find the firmware patch file I need for my drive. If anyone has a link for that, it would be greatly appreciated. The file I’m looking for is:

HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP60NB10-NB12-
1.02-N000300-212107081556.bin
Attachments don't work.

The firmware file you mention, HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP60NB10-NB12-1.02-N000300-212107081556.bin is the original firmware and is not UHD compatible. I think you mean HL-DT-ST-BD-RE_BP60NB10-NB12-1.02-NM00300-212107081556.bin (note the "M" after the "N") which is the exact same firmware as DE_LG_BP60NB10-NB12_1.02-MK.bin in my firmware pack.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
thegoblinking
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2026 5:51 pm

Re: Need help locating firmware patch file for my external slim LG BP60NB10

Post by thegoblinking »

Hello everyone for being so responsive and detailed with the advice provided. I was able to find that firmware patch file Marty mentioned. In my initial research, I had entered all the information of my optical drive MAKEMKV had provided for me using GOOGLE. AI isn’t always accurate, and it provided me a response with a file name that was incorrect. Sorry about the attachment not working. Here is the information of my optical drive:

Info
OS device name: G:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BP60NB10
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: SIK09Q87E0337
Firmware date: 2121-07-08 15:56
Bus encryption flags: 17
LibreDrive Information
Status: Possible (with patched firmware)

Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original
Firmware version: 1.02


Based on the new information I have, I will go ahead and flash my drive with the file Marty mentioned, with ENCRYPTION turned on. Please give me one final confirmation once you see this information. Thank you so much everyone for the great advice and wish me luck!