Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated New Pioneer Flashing 2026

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Billycar11
Posts: 6296
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2026

Post by Billycar11 »

musashiwrx wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:21 pm
Interesting. Well I've ordered a drive. I'll check it for whether it's fake or not before I do any flashing attempts. And if it's alright, I can email you, if you are cool with that. It's returnable. So no big deal really.

What did the comments about 'Asus if it's LG?' Asus is Asus, no?
Asus just rebrands drives it can be pioneer or LG.
Yes no problem with emailing me to check
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
musashiwrx
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2026 3:18 pm

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2026

Post by musashiwrx »

Well thats not gonna work most likely then. And it looks like everyone who pre-flashes is sold out?
nicholfd
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2026

Post by nicholfd »

musashiwrx wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:30 pm Well thats not gonna work most likely then. And it looks like everyone who pre-flashes is sold out?
Of Pioneer drives, yes - they stopped production 1st of 2025.

I still have 3 x USB models w/LG inside, on-hand, pre-flashed. Linked in my signature below. Even these are getting harder to find.

Thanks,
Frank
MartyMcNuts
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2026

Post by MartyMcNuts »

musashiwrx wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:21 pm
Billycar11 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 10:14 pm
Mr_Orange wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2026 10:08 pm
This isn't what the guide says. It states any firmware to 3.10MK.
the guide also says mt1959 is required as well as 2016+ build date
so any asus with mt1959 and 2016+ to that fw is correct

the problem now is all the fakes make this way more confusing
they are their own product line now like 1/4 of my emails are about fake drives
Interesting. Well I've ordered a drive. I'll check it for whether it's fake or not before I do any flashing attempts. And if it's alright, I can email you, if you are cool with that. It's returnable. So no big deal really.

What did the comments about 'Asus if it's LG?' Asus is Asus, no?
If you ordered a 5.25" ASUS, it is likely to be fake. The BW-16D1HT and BC-12D2HT were discontinued a couple of years ago. The older (pre 2015) drives had the old, incompatible MT1939 drive platform.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
musashiwrx
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2026 3:18 pm

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2026

Post by musashiwrx »

Yep, you are all correct (I think!)
I have a real ASUS BW-16D1HT and its got 4 diagonal indents on the metal, not a circular indent. Also there is a thread on this board about how to spot the fakes, and the pics on ebay show all the signs of fake. When i questioned the seller they issued an immediate complete refund and said they'd 'get back to me' with the details of shipping it back. I will be documenting it all including pix of whatever i receive alongside my real one and a link to the thread with ebay.

Back to the drawing board.
Funny thing Is i have A Pioneer 5.25, and Asus 5.25, and a 'disposable' LG slim drive (they last me 250-300 disc the die. every time)
I would like a backup for the closet, but $400-500 PLUS all the import fees is just.. madness.
vincwis
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:24 am

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2026

Post by vincwis »

Hello All, just recently joined and just recently got into this hobby. I thought I was lucky by finding a working LG WH16NS40 in one of my old PC cases. It has been working great for DVD's and stand blu-ray disc, but now I want to rip UHD blu-ray disc. Unfortunately the drive I have was made in August of 2014 and has 1.0 firmware. I just want to make sure, by asking, is there any way to make this particular drive able to read UHD disc? Photo of label attached.
IMG_8612.jpg
Woodstock
Posts: 10987
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2026

Post by Woodstock »

given that it's from 2 years before UHD was a "thing", it is not likely. However posting the information that MakeMKV displayed about it when you were ripping something may have a clue. If you see "MT1939", sorry, too old.
vincwis
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:24 am

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2026

Post by vincwis »

Yes it says MT1939. I guess I have a good drive for ripping everything else. Thanks for your help.
Billycar11
Posts: 6296
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated New Pioneer Flashing 2026

Post by Billycar11 »

Pioneer flashing is here including 12/22+ fw downgrades
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
Yethidran
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2024 12:07 pm

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated New Pioneer Flashing 2026

Post by Yethidran »

Anyway anyone with a XD05, flashed to a XD06U, you can further flash it to become a XD08U.
i have already done it for my set. and with a Dec 2022 firmware and it can still rip 4K UHD discs.
Coopervid
Posts: 4815
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 pm

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated New Pioneer Flashing 2026

Post by Coopervid »

Billycar11 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2026 1:42 pm Pioneer flashing is here including 12/22+ fw downgrades
There are now a couple of flashers that beat yours by far.
Billycar11
Posts: 6296
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated New Pioneer Flashing 2026

Post by Billycar11 »

Coopervid wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2026 7:06 pm
Billycar11 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2026 1:42 pm Pioneer flashing is here including 12/22+ fw downgrades
There are now a couple of flashers that beat yours by far.
:roll:
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments