I have been ripping movies with MakeMKV for several weeks now. All success..... however, I have 500 blu-ray movies I want to start on next and have run into a problem. Hoping someone on here can guide me to a solution. I just purchased a MthsTec bluray drive. It plays blu-rays through my computer good, but when I try to rip a movie, I lose the audio when I go and check the MKV file. I have tried three different movies, and all are the same. Is it my player I purchased? Do I have a setting wrong?
I am not the greatest tech-savvy guy so learning allot here on this.
Anyone else have this problem and found a solution?
Need help down South!!
Blu-Ray rip with loss of audio
-
dcoke22
- Posts: 4590
- Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 pm
Re: Blu-Ray rip with loss of audio
How are you checking the MKV file for audio? VLC is a pretty good playback solution.
If the discs you tried have DTS audio, a common audio format used on blu-rays, Windows Media Player can't decode it by default, but VLC can.
MediaInfo is a handy tool to show you a bunch of details about your media files, including details about the audio tracks in a file.
If the discs you tried have DTS audio, a common audio format used on blu-rays, Windows Media Player can't decode it by default, but VLC can.
MediaInfo is a handy tool to show you a bunch of details about your media files, including details about the audio tracks in a file.