Hi everyone,
I’ve been using MakeMKV to rip every episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation from Blu-ray, and everything has been working perfectly until Season 3, Episode 11 – “The Hunted.”
For some reason, MakeMKV refuses to recognise this particular episode. There is no segment map attached to the file, and I’m unable to identify or extract the episode.
The Blu-ray disc itself is pristine and brand new and has never been played before, so I don’t believe this is an issue with a damaged or scratched disc. All of the other episodes on the set have worked without any problems.
I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue with S03E11 – The Hunted, or if there is a known workaround or solution?
It’s particularly frustrating as I now have every episode from the series except this one!
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
MakeMKV unable to recognise Star Trek: The Next Generation S03E11 – The Hunted
-
TrentHennessy
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:51 pm
-
mikewho3
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2026 5:15 pm
Re: MakeMKV unable to recognise Star Trek: The Next Generation S03E11 – The Hunted
I posted on another thread similar to this one...
The Blu-Ray disc sets for TNG seem to have random pressing errors.
I had the same issue with season 4 disc 4 not reading a few episodes despite no signs of damage to the disc.
I had to exchange mine at amazon since I had just bought it.
Not sure what else you can do to get it working.
Might have to buy just that season on blu-ray again and try a different disk...
The Blu-Ray disc sets for TNG seem to have random pressing errors.
I had the same issue with season 4 disc 4 not reading a few episodes despite no signs of damage to the disc.
I had to exchange mine at amazon since I had just bought it.
Not sure what else you can do to get it working.
Might have to buy just that season on blu-ray again and try a different disk...
-
TrentHennessy
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:51 pm
Re: MakeMKV unable to recognise Star Trek: The Next Generation S03E11 – The Hunted
Thanks for the reply. It’s a bit frustrating about the random pressing issues, but at least I know I’m not the only one who has run into this.mikewho3 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 7:09 pm I posted on another thread similar to this one...
The Blu-Ray disc sets for TNG seem to have random pressing errors.
I had the same issue with season 4 disc 4 not reading a few episodes despite no signs of damage to the disc.
I had to exchange mine at amazon since I had just bought it.
Not sure what else you can do to get it working.
Might have to buy just that season on blu-ray again and try a different disk...
I’ve had something similar with full-length movies on Blu-ray before (MIB 2), but I’ve never had an issue where just one specific episode from a TV season refuses to read properly, weird!
I bought my set quite a while ago, so returning isn’t an option. I’ll guess I'll keep an eye out on eBay and see if I can find another copy of the season.
It will be worth it in the end to have a complete season, even if I have to go to a bit of extra trouble to get that one episode!
Thanks again for the help.