I have downloaded MakerMKV and downloaded this 30 different times.
Now VLC says..
Blu-ray error:
This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding, and your system does not have it.
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'bluray:///F:\'. Check the log for details.
I can not get this to work
-
ByteNormalize
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2026 6:28 am
Re: I can not get this to work
This is the standard AACS restriction caused by VLC being unable to natively decrypt commercial Blu-rays out of the box. Since you already have MakeMKV installed, the fastest fix to get past this error is to enable MakeMKV's built-in VLC integration, which acts as a decryption bridge.
Enable MakeMKV Integration:Configuration.
1. Close VLC completely. Open MakeMKV (Run as Administrator to ensure write permissions).
2. Navigate to View > Preferences > Integration tab.Check the box next to VLC.
3. Click Apply and OK.
This places a redirect libaacs.dll file into the system so VLC automatically routes decryption requests through MakeMKV's engine.
Test Playback in VLC.
1. Open VLC Media Player.
2. Go to Media > Open Disc, select the Blu-ray drive, and click Play.
If the disc loads into the menu or feature instead of throwing the AACS error, the integration was successful.
Alternative: Play Discs Directly via MakeMKV Stream. If you prefer not to modify VLC integration settings:
1. In MakeMKV, click File > Streaming (or click the small Stream satellite dish button).
2. Open VLC, go to Media > Open Network Stream (Ctrl + N).
3. Enter http://localhost:51000 and click Play.
4. You can now stream and preview every title on the disc straight inside VLC.
Enable MakeMKV Integration:Configuration.
1. Close VLC completely. Open MakeMKV (Run as Administrator to ensure write permissions).
2. Navigate to View > Preferences > Integration tab.Check the box next to VLC.
3. Click Apply and OK.
This places a redirect libaacs.dll file into the system so VLC automatically routes decryption requests through MakeMKV's engine.
Test Playback in VLC.
1. Open VLC Media Player.
2. Go to Media > Open Disc, select the Blu-ray drive, and click Play.
If the disc loads into the menu or feature instead of throwing the AACS error, the integration was successful.
Alternative: Play Discs Directly via MakeMKV Stream. If you prefer not to modify VLC integration settings:
1. In MakeMKV, click File > Streaming (or click the small Stream satellite dish button).
2. Open VLC, go to Media > Open Network Stream (Ctrl + N).
3. Enter http://localhost:51000 and click Play.
4. You can now stream and preview every title on the disc straight inside VLC.
-
onionfolk
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2026 5:10 pm
Re: I can not get this to work
I am having the same problem.
Running makemkv v1.18.4 as admin - from the Integration tab, I check the box next to vlc but there is no libaacs.dll file created anywhere and vlc still fails to play the disk.
Also "Streaming" doesn't appear in the file menu, not is there a satellite button.
UPDATE:
Streaming seems to have been deprecated from v1.14 onwards so I guess this isn't possible now. Also I found that the vlc integration adds a libmmbd.dll file not a libaacs.dll (also likely due to a change).
Checking the vlc errors, without the integration I get "This Blu-ray Disk needs a library...", whereas with the integration I get "AACS MMC failed". So it looks like it is trying to work, not sure why it is failing though.
The blu-ray in question can be converted to mkv with no issues with makemkv. Also the aacs config file method using non-makemkv libaacs.dll plays the disc fine.
Running makemkv v1.18.4 as admin - from the Integration tab, I check the box next to vlc but there is no libaacs.dll file created anywhere and vlc still fails to play the disk.
Also "Streaming" doesn't appear in the file menu, not is there a satellite button.
UPDATE:
Streaming seems to have been deprecated from v1.14 onwards so I guess this isn't possible now. Also I found that the vlc integration adds a libmmbd.dll file not a libaacs.dll (also likely due to a change).
Checking the vlc errors, without the integration I get "This Blu-ray Disk needs a library...", whereas with the integration I get "AACS MMC failed". So it looks like it is trying to work, not sure why it is failing though.
The blu-ray in question can be converted to mkv with no issues with makemkv. Also the aacs config file method using non-makemkv libaacs.dll plays the disc fine.
-
Wojtaz83
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:55 am
Re: I can not get this to work
If you whant to view movie from disc on fly useing VLC, you must first open disk in makemkv(file->open disk->movie disk), and when makemkv read/open disk than you open VLC and run movie from bddrive. Cheked on VLC 3.0.24