Citizen Vigilante Bluray backup failed

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
videoh
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:55 pm

Citizen Vigilante Bluray backup failed

Post by videoh »

MakeMKV v1.18.2 win(x64-release) started
The new version 1.18.3 is available for download at http://www.makemkv.com/download/
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=F8B3C9080B22)
Backing up disc into folder "E:/Citizen_Vigilante"
This disc uses newer version of AACS protection. Please let us know about it by visiting http://www.makemkv.com/a/?M9XrUWKU3qXyjp...
Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\donal/.MakeMKV ...
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\donal/.MakeMKV/MKB_v82_Citizen_Vigilante_BDMV_6D5A.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Backup failed

It won't play in VLC or MPC-HC64. I haven't tried a standalone player. Disk looks clean.

It's AACS v82. Your assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
dcoke22
Posts: 4586
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 pm

Re: Citizen Vigilante Bluray backup failed

Post by dcoke22 »

I believe you still have to attach the dump MakeMKV created to an email and send it to svq@makemkv.com. Eventually a hashed key will be produced and the disc will be able to be decrypted. With respect to MakeMKV, AACS v82 blu-rays operate very similarly as 4K UHDs.

In the mean time, you can try the public keydb, which is a separate key mechanism that MakeMKV can use.
videoh
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:55 pm

Re: Citizen Vigilante Bluray backup failed

Post by videoh »

Thank you. It's ripping fine with a different tool. I'll come back to makemkv the next time I hit v82.