Makemkv 1.18.3 on Windows XP 32 bit
"The procedure entry point swprintf_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll" error message on first launch after install.
Makemkv 1.18.3 Win XP error message
-
gkar_of_narn
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2025 1:11 pm
Re: Makemkv 1.18.3 Win XP error message
Same message appears on 1.18.4...."The procedure entry point swprintf_s could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"...Windows XP x86
-
AstralWanderer
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2026 10:45 am
Re: Makemkv 1.18.3 Win XP error message
Please review the Makemkv on Win XP thread for a fix for this.
-
gkar_of_narn
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2025 1:11 pm
Re: Makemkv 1.18.3 Win XP error message
Please note MakeMKV 1.18.2 works. It started tanking on 1.18.3. All 4 of my WinXP x86 boxes have this problem. I searched for the error message and tried the various solutions to no avail. I'll look over your solutions. Thank you.
(Please also note I use WinXP x86 offline only to run all my old software. I use only my Linux Mint Debian Edition 7 boxes when online.)
(Please also note I use WinXP x86 offline only to run all my old software. I use only my Linux Mint Debian Edition 7 boxes when online.)
-
gkar_of_narn
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2025 1:11 pm
Re: Makemkv 1.18.3 Win XP error message
Since this version doesn't work (like the previous two versions) with Windows XP X86 I'll assume it has been deprecated as has been warned within the working versions. Looks like 1.18.2 is the version I'll be using. The X86 version support ought to be pulled from the download area.