As far as I know yes this is still the case you have to downgrade to flash.mmkvftw wrote: Tue Dec 30, 2025 9:07 pm So Linux users still need to downgrade to 1.17.7 from 1.18.2?
How to downgrade to 1.17.7 so I can flash?
-
BuffaloSlack
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2025 2:10 am
Re: How to downgrade to 1.17.7 so I can flash?
-
antiwesley
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2026 6:32 am
Re: How to downgrade to 1.17.7 so I can flash?
I downgraded last night to 1.17.7 and flashed my drive (the BP50NB40) to the BP60NB10 1.02 driver.
I'm using the latest MakeMKV to rip the blurays I haven't been able to before.
You just have to follow the instructions to flash the drive via the command line.
You can have multiple versions of the software on your harddrive, but only the version you installed from your Linux source will be the one that runs automagically.
You can unzip the 1.17.7 files into their own directory, and run it directly from the command line from that directory and it takes around 10 minutes if you have all the files you need.
I'm using the latest MakeMKV to rip the blurays I haven't been able to before.
You just have to follow the instructions to flash the drive via the command line.
You can have multiple versions of the software on your harddrive, but only the version you installed from your Linux source will be the one that runs automagically.
You can unzip the 1.17.7 files into their own directory, and run it directly from the command line from that directory and it takes around 10 minutes if you have all the files you need.