Hi,
I have questions regarding my ASUS BW‑16D1HT drives which I purchased from eBay. Straight out of the box LibreDrive Information displays
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
I flashed 3.10MK using SDFTool Flasher. The tool reports “Flash completed” but the read out is the same as above. Is the drive currently 3.10MK even though MKV does not specifically say Firmware Version: 3.10"MK"? Secondly, for my other drive can I directly flash 3.02MK or does the drive require flashing 3.10MK before flashing 3.02MK? If you could clarify that would be great.
Kind Regards.
ASUS BW‑16D1HT 3.10 — MK firmware confirmation
-
LatencyGhost
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:46 am
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6229
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: ASUS BW‑16D1HT 3.10 — MK firmware confirmation
Your fine does it work?LatencyGhost wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:32 am Hi,
I have questions regarding my ASUS BW‑16D1HT drives which I purchased from eBay. Straight out of the box LibreDrive Information displays
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
I flashed 3.10MK using SDFTool Flasher. The tool reports “Flash completed” but the read out is the same as above. Is the drive currently 3.10MK even though MKV does not specifically say Firmware Version: 3.10"MK"? Secondly, for my other drive can I directly flash 3.02MK or does the drive require flashing 3.10MK before flashing 3.02MK? If you could clarify that would be great.
Kind Regards.
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
LatencyGhost
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:46 am
Re: ASUS BW‑16D1HT 3.10 — MK firmware confirmation
Hi, thank you for your urgent reply. I don't have any 4K UHD discs to test but I purchased the drive to be able to archive media etc including 4K UHD content. Is the drive currently firmware 3.10MK even though MKV does not specifically show the "MK" in the firmware version and can I directly flash 3.02MK or is it a requirement to flash 3.10MK first. Regards.
-
Billycar11
- Posts: 6229
- Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Re: ASUS BW‑16D1HT 3.10 — MK firmware confirmation
3.10mk works fineLatencyGhost wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:37 pm Hi, thank you for your urgent reply. I don't have any 4K UHD discs to test but I purchased the drive to be able to archive media etc including 4K UHD content. Is the drive currently firmware 3.10MK even though MKV does not specifically show the "MK" in the firmware version and can I directly flash 3.02MK or is it a requirement to flash 3.10MK first. Regards.
It won't show me in the info it will just say libredrive enabled and microcode access re enabled
Buy a drive from the guide and video maker: viewtopic.php?t=17831
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
UHD Drive Guide: viewtopic.php?t=19634
Auto flash kit $40 Email Billycar5924@gmail.com No attachments
-
LatencyGhost
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:46 am
Re: ASUS BW‑16D1HT 3.10 — MK firmware confirmation
Thanks. I have seperate drives, does 3.02MK have better error correction, I plan to have a drive with 3.10MK and the other drive with 3.02MK, please confirm 3.10MK is faster but 3.02MK is better for more problematic discs?
Regards.
Regards.
-
LatencyGhost
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:46 am
Re: ASUS BW‑16D1HT 3.10 — MK firmware confirmation
Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions but I can't afford to brick my drive, I'll keep it brief. I have the All You Need Firmware Pack (Marty McNuts), and the 3.02 bin does not specify MK either, is it a safe downgrade to flash? Thank you for your input thus far and I hope to hear from you soon. Regards.
-
MartyMcNuts
- Posts: 5086
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm
Re: ASUS BW‑16D1HT 3.10 — MK firmware confirmation
There is no such thing as 3.02-MK, only the original 3.02.LatencyGhost wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:58 pm Thanks. I have seperate drives, does 3.02MK have better error correction, I plan to have a drive with 3.10MK and the other drive with 3.02MK, please confirm 3.10MK is faster but 3.02MK is better for more problematic discs?
Regards.
Don't think it is any better.
Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
-
LatencyGhost
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:46 am
Re: ASUS BW‑16D1HT 3.10 — MK firmware confirmation
Thank you Marty, I have a far better understanding now and I appreciate your time. Kind Regards.