New to ripping, MakeMKV not opening discs

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
craaaig93
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:18 pm

New to ripping, MakeMKV not opening discs

Post by craaaig93 »

Hi,

I am new to the world of MakeMKV and ripping my 4K Blu-rays and I am having some trouble. I have purchased a disc drive that is a Pioneer BD-RW BDR-UD04.

Drive Information
OS device name: F:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-UD04
Revision: 1.11
Serial number: TEDL218891WL
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 61

I believe this is capable of ripping 4K straight from the box. When I launch MKV, it is showing the movie I have inserted and the information but when I click on the tile to open the disc, it fails every time with these messages appearing over and over

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.

I have searched online to try and fix but have had no luck so far. I have downloaded the SDF.bin file and keydb.cfg file to no success. The drive comes with a Y-split cable, dual split Micro-B USB 3.0 one end and then USB-C and USB-A. I have tried multiple ports on my PC and no luck. Getting quite frustrated as I was really excited to get started with ripping my movies and thought it was kind of plug and play.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you
MartyMcNuts
Posts: 5085
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:45 pm

Re: New to ripping, MakeMKV not opening discs

Post by MartyMcNuts »

craaaig93 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:27 pm Hi,

I am new to the world of MakeMKV and ripping my 4K Blu-rays and I am having some trouble. I have purchased a disc drive that is a Pioneer BD-RW BDR-UD04.

Drive Information
OS device name: F:
Current profile: BD-ROM
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-UD04
Revision: 1.11
Serial number: TEDL218891WL
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 61

I believe this is capable of ripping 4K straight from the box. When I launch MKV, it is showing the movie I have inserted and the information but when I click on the tile to open the disc, it fails every time with these messages appearing over and over

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0
LibreDrive compatible drive is required to open this disc - video can't be decrypted.

I have searched online to try and fix but have had no luck so far. I have downloaded the SDF.bin file and keydb.cfg file to no success. The drive comes with a Y-split cable, dual split Micro-B USB 3.0 one end and then USB-C and USB-A. I have tried multiple ports on my PC and no luck. Getting quite frustrated as I was really excited to get started with ripping my movies and thought it was kind of plug and play.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you
In MakeMKV's Libredrive info section does it say LibreDrive enabled?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com