The Descendants

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
dpaste99

Re: The Descendants

Post by dpaste99 »

Still no luck after copying the new dsall.svq to the "MakeMKX data directory"

Is there something else that needs to be done here? I noticed one poster had success off a back-up but I own the disc and as such have not tried this method.

Thanks
BlackDragon24

Post by BlackDragon24 »

dpaste99 wrote:Still no luck after copying the new dsall.svq to the "MakeMKX data directory"

Is there something else that needs to be done here? I noticed one poster had success off a back-up but I own the disc and as such have not tried this method.

Thanks
It works for sure. Make sure you are putting the file in the right spot. On my computer (Windows 7) it is C:\Users\"username"\.MakeMkv\
dpaste99

Post by dpaste99 »

I though you could tell MKV where the data directory should be? In any case it was on an external drive but for the sake of experimentation I changed the path and copied the dsall.svq to a folder similar to yours: HD/user/MakeMKV. Still no success.

I know MakeMKV recognizes the path because it creates new .svq files in the same folder (00000020.svq through 00000028.svq) but according to the log it never sees/loads? the new dsall.svq file I placed there.

I appreciate your help BlackDragon24.
BlackDragon24

Post by BlackDragon24 »

dpaste99 wrote:I though you could tell MKV where the data directory should be? In any case it was on an external drive but for the sake of experimentation I changed the path and copied the dsall.svq to a folder similar to yours: HD/user/MakeMKV. Still no success.

I know MakeMKV recognizes the path because it creates new .svq files in the same folder (00000020.svq through 00000028.svq) but according to the log it never sees/loads? the new dsall.svq file I placed there.

I appreciate your help BlackDragon24.
Hmmm.

When I downloaded the new dsall.svq file, placed it into the data directory and ran it, the dialogue box indicated it processed the FUT's with 00000029.svq. Perhaps makemkv isn't downloading the newest svq's automatically?

Otherwise I am at a bit of a loss.
nicholfd

Post by nicholfd »

Latest version of MakeMKV (1.7.3) for OS X. This title rip fails for me. I saw it download a new "sqv" file, and that didn't help. I manually downloaded the latest "sqv" file, and that didn't fix it. I was able to successfully do a full disc copy, with decryption. I still could not rip the title from the decrypted full disc copy.

I keep trying to attach the dump file, but the browser window eventually refreshes, erasing what I've typed and the file isn't attached...

I'll try a separate post.
nicholfd

Post by nicholfd »

I e-mailed the dump file - I could never get it to attach here.
zero hectic

Post by zero hectic »

No joy either. Sending dump file now...
SSTEEL

Post by SSTEEL »

Where can I find the data directory on a Mac running lion? Srry I'm a neewbie
bukiwhitey

Post by bukiwhitey »

I have tried for a couple days, no luck. I have sent in a couple logs.

Can someone from makemkv please acknowledge that this is being looked at.

Thanks.
seslwr

Post by seslwr »

Ssteel...it's under your home menu (your user name). The reason it might not be showing up in Lion is because that version of OSX hides files by default. To see the hidden files, including the .MakeMKV data file, Google "how to show hidden files Mac OSX Lion". If I remember, it involves typing a couple of commands in Terminal.

Like others, I have also been unable to rip "The Descendants" successfully.
BlackDragon24

Post by BlackDragon24 »

This is strange. I successfully backed up "The Descendants" on the day Mike updated the svq's.

I just threw it in again this morning and had no problems backing it up with 1.7.3.

For those having problems, maybe you should start listing the OS, version of makemkv, and region code of the disc you are trying to back up.

For me, I am having no problems with 1.7.2 or 1,7.3, Win 7 x64 ultimate, region A.
seslwr

Post by seslwr »

Problems with 1.73 on Mac OSX Lion, Region A.

I've tried adding the dsall.svq to the .MakeMKV data file with the same results. After I add dsall.svq into the data file, are there any other steps I need to complete? All I did after adding the file is restart MakeMKV.
FredT

Post by FredT »

seslwr wrote:Ssteel...it's under your home menu (your user name).
I'm running Snow Leopard, MakeMKV version 1.7.3, and the only MakeMKV file that I can find is the program itself in the Applications folder. There are no files in Application Support or Preferences either at user or system level. There are also no "sqv" files in the MakeMKV package. What am I missing? Where is this .MakeMKV data file?
marcusfan

Post by marcusfan »

I still can't quite figure out how to get this working right. I know I have to do something with this: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=612 Still can't quite figure it out though.
BlackDragon24

Post by BlackDragon24 »

I am completely ignorant of how macs setup their file structures, and perhaps there are folks who can help in that area, but here is what my makemkv data directory looks like....where all of the svq's are downloaded.

So somewhere on your mac this folder has to exist for it to process the file correctly. When processing the file it told me it was using 00000029.svq.