This disc is not working
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=E3767A939283)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\hipch/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_The_Amateur_C6AE.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc
See attached log
The Amateur 4K
-
MrPenguin
- Posts: 1964
- Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:31 pm
Re: The Amateur 4K
Have you tried downloading the latest KEYDB.cfg file, copying it into MakeMKV's data directory (i.e. C:\Users\hipch\.MakeMKV\ in your case) and restarting MakeMKV?Hipchen63 wrote: Tue Jul 08, 2025 10:29 pm Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\hipch/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_The_Amateur_C6AE.tgz
If this doesn't work, could you make your TGZ dump file available please, e.g. by uploading it into (say) OneDrive or Google Drive, and then replying with a public download link? This would allow people to try adding your disk to the public KEYDB.cfg file.
See Public KEYDB Disc Submissions.
-
wastekid
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2025 1:58 am
Re: The Amateur 4K
Just wanted to chime in: I downloaded the latest keydb.cfg per MrPenguin's instructions just a few minutes before this post, and makemkv can now work with this disc. I believe it's the exact same disc, as Hipchen63's output exactly matched mine when I first tried working with the disc.
I hope this helps Hipchen63 and others.
I hope this helps Hipchen63 and others.
-
omk1980
- Posts: 139
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:16 am
Re: The Amateur 4K
this worked for me. never did this before and have always waited for mike to update it. Thanks for the great explanation.MrPenguin wrote: Wed Jul 09, 2025 2:24 pmHave you tried downloading the latest KEYDB.cfg file, copying it into MakeMKV's data directory (i.e. C:\Users\hipch\.MakeMKV\ in your case) and restarting MakeMKV?Hipchen63 wrote: Tue Jul 08, 2025 10:29 pm Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\hipch/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_The_Amateur_C6AE.tgz
If this doesn't work, could you make your TGZ dump file available please, e.g. by uploading it into (say) OneDrive or Google Drive, and then replying with a public download link? This would allow people to try adding your disk to the public KEYDB.cfg file.
See Public KEYDB Disc Submissions.
-
mikesway
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 pm
Re: The Amateur 4K
I'm on a Mac and am still having a hard time figuring this out. Can anyone assist me? This is the link for the dump:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/fx3a4y91 ... 60bnh&dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/fx3a4y91 ... 60bnh&dl=0
-
dcoke22
- Posts: 4585
- Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:25 pm
Re: The Amateur 4K
I emailed MKB20_v77_THE_AMATEUR_C6AE.tgz. It seems no one else has.