I just got a Hitachi LG BU40N on Firmware Version 1.05 which was encrypted.
I followed the guide and flashed the 1.03MK Firmware from the all you need firmware bundle as recommended in the guide, which seems to have worked fine. I have the following information in MakeMKV:
Laufwerksinformation
OS-Gerätename: F:
Produzent: HL-DT-ST
Produkt: BD-RE BU40N
Revision: 1.03
Serienummer: redacted
Firmware-Datum: 2118-10-24 19:34
Markierungen der Bus-Verschlüsselung: 17
LibreDrive Information
Status: Enabled
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 1.03
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
However, it seems the drive does not read any disks. I've tried DVD, CD, BluRay and 4K BluRay Disks but MakeMKV only says "No Disk Inserted".
It does recognize that I've opened/closed the drive and I can open it from within MakeMKV. Any ideas?
The drive itself does make noise as if reading the disk, however it stops and starts again every now and then.
Did you try it before flashing?
Does the OS see discs without makemkv open?
Have you unplugged it for 5 mins?
Hi - I had tried it with one disc before flashing, but MakeMKV was open and it wouldn't read, but I discounted that as "must be a firmware issue".
I have tried unplugging it for 5 minutes, that hasn't changed anything.
It also does not read discs when MakeMKV is closed.
I feel like I may have just gotten a defective drive.
Darkbird wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2024 11:23 pm
Hi - I had tried it with one disc before flashing, but MakeMKV was open and it wouldn't read, but I discounted that as "must be a firmware issue".
I have tried unplugging it for 5 minutes, that hasn't changed anything.
It also does not read discs when MakeMKV is closed.
I feel like I may have just gotten a defective drive.
it should have read a regular Bluray without flash all flashing does is enable UHD.
this is one of the many reasons i recommend pioneers they are much better drives see below if your in the usa.
marty and asmcom also have pioneers available for other country's.
Yeah, I'll see if I can't flash/recover the 1.05 Firmware and get a refund from Amazon on the drive, enclosure and SATA adapter (the enclosure wouldn't let me flash).
Thanks for the help!
Sleep bug on UHD friendly drives is fixed when flashing WH16NS60 1.02MK, but the Asus BW-16D1HT is recommended to be flashed with Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK.
Does this mean the 16D1HT isn't compatible with WH16NS60 1.02MK, and that the Asus is stuck with the sleep bug?
Also, does WH16NS60 1.02MK firmware have any known quirks as a result of the firmware expecting the AACS decoder subsystem on the drive?
Deterous wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2024 2:35 pm
Sleep bug on UHD friendly drives is fixed when flashing WH16NS60 1.02MK, but the Asus BW-16D1HT is recommended to be flashed with Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK.
Does this mean the 16D1HT isn't compatible with WH16NS60 1.02MK, and that the Asus is stuck with the sleep bug?
Also, does WH16NS60 1.02MK firmware have any known quirks as a result of the firmware expecting the AACS decoder subsystem on the drive?
1. The Asus firmware is only recommended for the Asus drive if you still want to write discs. If you don't care about writing discs, use WH16NS60 1.02-MK.
2. No quirks.
Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** NEW Single Drive Flasher ** available worldwide! https://payhip.com/b/MyeJ9
Email: martymcnuts@outlook.com
Deterous wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2024 2:35 pm
Sleep bug on UHD friendly drives is fixed when flashing WH16NS60 1.02MK, but the Asus BW-16D1HT is recommended to be flashed with Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK.
Does this mean the 16D1HT isn't compatible with WH16NS60 1.02MK, and that the Asus is stuck with the sleep bug?
Also, does WH16NS60 1.02MK firmware have any known quirks as a result of the firmware expecting the AACS decoder subsystem on the drive?
In addition:
1) The ASUS firmware has the sleep bug but it hasn't "jamless play" when the LG firmware skips sectors of hard to read discs.
2) To get around all these issues get a Pioneer drive from a seller or PM me. Retail drives don't work anymore.