A Quiet Place Day One Error - Fatal error

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
NiceMustard

A Quiet Place Day One Error - Fatal error

Post by NiceMustard »

Getting many errors like this

/BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 220403712, attempting to work around with different offset values

Get the error with many many offset values until fatal error. MakeMKV closes down when I hit ok to the fatal error.

I can post the whole log here if needed? Any thoughts on the issue.

The disc seems to play fine. The drive seems to work ok for other discs.

Thx
MartyMcNuts

Re: A Quiet Place Day One Error - Fatal error

Post by MartyMcNuts »

NiceMustard wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2024 9:09 pm
Getting many errors like this

/BDMV/STREAM/00294.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 220403712, attempting to work around with different offset values

Get the error with many many offset values until fatal error. MakeMKV closes down when I hit ok to the fatal error.

I can post the whole log here if needed? Any thoughts on the issue.

The disc seems to play fine. The drive seems to work ok for other discs.

Thx
Clean the disc before trying again!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
NiceMustard

Post by NiceMustard »

I have. Will try again.

thought it was a bad disc at fist, but disc plays fine in a uhd player. Also thought drive was failing, but drive is working fine with other discs.
NiceMustard

Post by NiceMustard »

At this point I will assume the disc is bad. Cleaned thoroughly multiple times and getting the same error.

Either the disc has issues or my drive is just having a hard time with this disc. I am using the LG WH16NS40.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

In my experience, some drives just don't like some discs. I have a few different optical drives and often times (not always) a disc that doesn't work in one drive will work in another. Having a different, additional drive can be handy in situations like this.
NiceMustard

Post by NiceMustard »

dcoke22 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2024 3:06 pm
In my experience, some drives just don't like some discs. I have a few different optical drives and often times (not always) a disc that doesn't work in one drive will work in another. Having a different, additional drive can be handy in situations like this.
Thanks for this tidbit. I do have another drive I am going to swap out and see if that helps. I'll post here if it works just in case anyone else has the same issue with this disc and this drive in the future.
NiceMustard

Post by NiceMustard »

I can confirm that it was the LG drive not playing nice with the disc. I swapped out to another drive and no problems!