Crisol

MakeMKV Crashing

Post by Crisol »

I have a problem when I install the software getting this message
Any solution?
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV Crashing

Post by Woodstock »

Image did not come through. Can you describe the problem?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Maybe it was MakeMKV 1.17.7 too old, crashes on start?

The OP's other post mentions things working when a disc was removed from the drive.
clenchdwarf

Post by clenchdwarf »

Same thing here; ejected the disc, and now makemkv doesn't crash and allows me to enter the registration key
wessongroup

Post by wessongroup »

DEBUG: Code 2281701379 at X'H} 3Qnh*COXX:121267293

Not sure if it is a problem with Apple updates on OS ...

My setup has been working flawlessly for years and now I can't get a DVD to load into the app

If I keep my DVD Player next to my mac mini on short USB works fine, however when I try to use USB cable that is longer than 6" I get the DEBUG Code above

Tried a USB optical cable, still would not work ... Debug code again
I'm handicapped and this just makes a bit difficult when ripping
I'm using a Pioneer BDR-XS07S mfg.September of 2023 running it through a M1Macmini
Was doing the same thing with my old mini that was intel (2018) that I moved from to the new mini M1
Any help would be appreciated
bmillham

Post by bmillham »

wessongroup wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:36 pm
If I keep my DVD Player next to my mac mini on short USB works fine, however when I try to use USB cable that is longer than 6" I get the DEBUG Code above
If you only get the error when using a longer cable then I would say that the problem is power loss with the longer cable. Either use a shorter cable or if you really have to have the extra length then get a better quality cable.
wessongroup

Post by wessongroup »

Tried that bought 2 new really good metal wrapped usb cables 2-6' ft =12 ... no go

Bought 30' optial usb cable ... still no go ...

The disk starts to load ... then it starts kicking out error and code

I'm 82 and handicapped ... Have been using my current set up ... Mac mini on a full desk at the base of my bed, with a USB to my player on my over the bed "desk" for 14 years.... have been using this set up with a normal USB cables combining lengths to reach the player, but, NOT going over a distance of 15' ... typically 10-12 feet historial ...

This problem started after an upgrade on mac's OS this year... after this last try with an expensive Opical USB cable and still errors ... I'm ruling out this application and will try Apple Discussion and see if anyone else has this problem

Thanks for your input ... ;)
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

wessongroup wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:07 am
Tried that bought 2 new really good metal wrapped usb cables 2-6' ft =12 ... no go

Bought 30' optial usb cable ... still no go ...

The disk starts to load ... then it starts kicking out error and code

I'm 82 and handicapped ... Have been using my current set up ... Mac mini on a full desk at the base of my bed, with a USB to my player on my over the bed "desk" for 14 years.... have been using this set up with a normal USB cables combining lengths to reach the player, but, NOT going over a distance of 15' ... typically 10-12 feet historial ...

This problem started after an upgrade on mac's OS this year... after this last try with an expensive Opical USB cable and still errors ... I'm ruling out this application and will try Apple Discussion and see if anyone else has this problem

Thanks for your input ... ;)
have you tried 1.17.8?
https://makemkv.com/download/
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
bmillham

Post by bmillham »

wessongroup wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:07 am
Mac mini on a full desk at the base of my bed, with a USB to my player on my over the bed "desk" for 14 years....
Do you have another drive you can test with? While I think that you have a newish drive, they can still degrade over time.

Have you tried with a powered USB hub close to where the drive is so you could have a short cable to the hub and a long cable to the PC.
wessongroup

Post by wessongroup »

Have tired going out from the mac mini both Intel and a newer mac mini 1 (which I had ment to move over to, both did not work.

Then tried what your were talking about ... short to the power strip from the mini or Intenl, then tried stright out of the mini to the dvd plaver. No go... then tried varied lenghts staying well under 15' limit doe usb

Lastley tried an opital USB cable in the feed .... with no change ... still error codes on insertion of the disk into the player with dificultly on removal for the disk by using the controls of the app.

Best eject when the disk was visible on the desk top .... select and eject worked fine ... getting there was the problem

Thanks for your thinking on it .... I'm thinking of trying another DVD player .... any suggestions
I've been doing this for many years and have never had this problem using this software along with Handbrake have well over 3,000 titles in 3D, Blu-ray, HD, SD and have been using relatively cheap Pioneer DVD players to do the work with no problems