Arcane (2020), Pioneer BDR-S13UBK: Extremely slow write speeds

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
DGAFfeinated

Arcane (2020), Pioneer BDR-S13UBK: Extremely slow write speeds

Post by DGAFfeinated »

Preamble: The S13UBK I own was purchased in Feb 23 and has not acted in such a way that would indicate it may need to be flashed.
I just received the steelbook for Arcane and have attempted to rip them onto my NAS for Plex. Unfortunately, the read rates on at least disc 1 (Have yet to try the others - will update) are horrifically slow, with MakeMKV rating it at 10.5ish MB/sec with frequent pausing. MakeMKV is not outputting fatal warnings and the disc itself otherwise seems fine. The player I am attempting to use has written 80GB discs in 2.5-4 hours, but is struggling here.

UPDATE IN INTEREST OF NOT NECROING: I ran a warm restart on the computer with the S13UBK and it start ripping fine again. Albeit, it's still hitting lows like 2.5x, but that's normal for the most part.
Last edited by DGAFfeinated on Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billycar11

Re: Arcane (2020), Pioneer BDR-S13UBK: Extremely slow write speeds

Post by Billycar11 »

Likely just had to clean the discs but if it makes it through fine forgot it

If it were an LG or Asus pausing would make it give a hash error making you restart the rip so your better off with a pioneer but yours likely can't do UHD blu-ray if it has new fw.

I'm UHD you should get about 4x on UHD
About 17 Mb/s
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Unwound1

Re: Arcane (2020), Pioneer BDR-S13UBK: Extremely slow write speeds

Post by Unwound1 »

I had a really hard time reading the second UHD disc. It slowed way down and did hundreds of re-reads over and over in a certain section, making the usual chirping sound as it did. What disc did you have trouble with?
Please contact me if you have a compatible BDR-XD08UMB-S for sale.