MakeMkv Still in beta?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Destry

MakeMkv Still in beta?

Post by Destry »

I know the reg key is $64 and willing ti just buy straight out instead of fooking around for new beta keys too much trouble
Has anyone bought the reg key and if so did the transactio go smoothly and activate makemkv?
Really like this ripper and has never failed me, drive has not software and now when I download latest version for windows 10 it will open asking immediately to register or closes out completely has anyone bought the full working one and how has it been working?
Thank you
Woodstock

Re: MakeMkv Still in beta?

Post by Woodstock »

The fully-registered copy works just like the non-registered copy, but doesn't prompt for registration every two months (or 30 days if ripping Blurays). It even says "MakeMKV BETA" in the status bar.
Destry

Post by Destry »

Tank you Do you know which version for windows is still working without crashing? It seems Mike does take a long time to get back to people and if I buy the full version for that amount I would want a response soon incase the reg key does not work or having issues
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I've tried every version through 1.17.7 as it gets posted; I'd know if it were crashing violently.

What people are having issues with is not getting the registration correct; the 1.17.7 version required you to enter the NEW key (required because the old key in the archive is already expired) with nothing in the drive... and people seem to NEED to install the new version/key with a disk in the drive!

I haven't tested 1.17.8 yet, due to life happening all this past week. With a current or permanent key, though, I'm guessing it starts/runs just fine.