Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
Coopervid

Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?

Post by Coopervid »

bootcheck wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:03 pm
Coopervid wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:47 pm
bootcheck wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:19 pm
Could you please recommend drive?
Media: Bluray, UHD 4K
Format: 5.25" internal bay

Thanks!
Try to get the Vinpower 212V. Maybe from Amazon.de. I didn‘t find it in Poland.
Found it on AMZN.de, but they won't ship to PL.
Any alternatives?
Would it handle UHD?
Try ubuy.com.pl. It needs to be flashed. Tell me when you have it.
mjamm

Post by mjamm »

I got the vinpower pioneer BDR-212V from Amazon, it says it is LibreDrive possible, not yet enabled.
How can I flash it to enable LibreDrive?
Thanks in advance.
Hello,
Country of Residence: US

I ordered the vinpower Pioneer BDR-212V from amazon, how do I go checking the firmware it has and flash it with a LibreDrive firmware?
Thx in advance.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

mjamm wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:43 am
I got the vinpower pioneer BDR-212V from Amazon, it says it is LibreDrive possible, not yet enabled.
Thanks in advance.
email me or pm cooper
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

mjamm wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:43 am
Thanks in advance.
PM sent.
mjamm

Post by mjamm »

Perfect, worked like a charm, Thx much Cooper.
Hello,
Country of Residence: US

I ordered the vinpower Pioneer BDR-212V from amazon, how do I go checking the firmware it has and flash it with a LibreDrive firmware?
Thx in advance.
CalicoSkies

Post by CalicoSkies »

I currently have a LG WH16NS40, but sometimes I run into trouble reading some discs, and I've also had an issue where the drive sometimes becomes inaccessible until I reboot (which seems to be a common issue). I'm considering buying a different drive, and I've heard the Pioneer drives are fairly good. I'd be interested in buying a Pioneer LibreDrive which can rip up to UHD/4K discs, but I'm not sure which model would support that. Ideally burning discs too, but honestly I rarely burn discs these days, so that's not a deal-breaker.

Earlier in this thread, I saw people mention the BDR-212V (https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-BDR-212V ... 9FN61?th=1), but it looks like that doesn't rip 4K/UHD?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

CalicoSkies wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:42 pm
I currently have a LG WH16NS40, but sometimes I run into trouble reading some discs, and I've also had an issue where the drive sometimes becomes inaccessible until I reboot (which seems to be a common issue). I'm considering buying a different drive, and I've heard the Pioneer drives are fairly good. I'd be interested in buying a Pioneer LibreDrive which can rip up to UHD/4K discs, but I'm not sure which model would support that. Ideally burning discs too, but honestly I rarely burn discs these days, so that's not a deal-breaker.

Earlier in this thread, I saw people mention the BDR-212V (https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-BDR-212V ... 9FN61?th=1), but it looks like that doesn't rip 4K/UHD?
If you live in the US buy this drive and post again. I will send you what is needed to read UHD.
CalicoSkies

Post by CalicoSkies »

Coopervid wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:57 pm
CalicoSkies wrote:

If you live in the US buy this drive and post again. I will send you what is needed to read UHD.
Does that mean it actually can read UHD? Is it just with a firmware update or something?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

CalicoSkies wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:39 pm
Coopervid wrote:
CalicoSkies wrote:

Does that mean it actually can read UHD? Is it just with a firmware update or something?
With the right firmware it will read UHDs and can also read and write BD-XL.
DavoBR

Post by DavoBR »

Is there any way to check on the player's firmware other than trying to ask other purchasers if they can check or buying the player and running MakeMKV?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BDR-212V-Blu-r ... B08R89FN61
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

DavoBR wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:43 pm
Is there any way to check on the player's firmware other than trying to ask other purchasers if they can check or buying the player and running MakeMKV?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BDR-212V-Blu-r ... B08R89FN61
It has old firmware and can still be flashed. And you could it return anyway since Amazon's return policy is really good.
CalicoSkies

Post by CalicoSkies »

Coopervid wrote:
CalicoSkies wrote:

I just went ahead and ordered one of these Pioneer BDR-212V drives from Amazon
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

CalicoSkies wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:49 pm
Coopervid wrote:
CalicoSkies wrote:

Tell me when it's supposed to arrive.
CalicoSkies

Post by CalicoSkies »

Coopervid wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:54 pm
CalicoSkies wrote:
Coopervid wrote:

Amazon says it should arrive on October 8
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

CalicoSkies wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:45 pm
Coopervid wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:54 pm
CalicoSkies wrote:

Amazon says it should arrive on October 8
Check your PM.