Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives USA only, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount Code

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
kuchenteig

Re: Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives USA only, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount Code

Post by kuchenteig »

Hi,
is the Pioneer drive codefree after modding, so I have access to Code A and Code B disks (via Software-Player like VLC, Cyberlink etc.)?
Billycar11

Re: Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives USA only, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount Code

Post by Billycar11 »

kuchenteig wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:21 pm
Hi,
is the Pioneer drive codefree after modding, so I have access to Code A and Code B disks (via Software-Player like VLC, Cyberlink etc.)?
Yeah the pioneers I sell work with all region Blu-rays .
But not in cyberlink it will work in makemkv and VLC for direct playback.

Will work in cyberlink after you rip
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
jattsta

Post by jattsta »

alc5440 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:52 am
Not only is Billy extremely friendly and quick to respond, but he works miracle too. He was able to get my ancient XD05 reading UHD discs, plus it reads almost twice as fast as it did before flashing. I've ripped around 15 discs since with about half of them being UHD and I've had zero issues. He kept me from needing to buy a new drive which was well worth the $25 ($15 if you consider the discount on MakeMKV).
How do I go about doing this to my drive?
Here are my specs:
Current profile: BD-ROM

Manufacturer: PIONEER

Product: BD-RW BDR-XD05

Revision: 3.01

Firmware date: 2014-12-26

Bus encryption flags: 1B

Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information

Drive platform: RS8231

Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-XD05

Firmware type: Original (unpatched)

Firmware version: 3.01/ID34

DVD all regions: Yes

BD raw data read: Yes

BD raw metadata read: Yes

Unrestricted read speed: Yes
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

jattsta wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2024 5:44 am

How do I go about doing this to my drive?
Here are my specs:
Current profile: BD-ROM

Manufacturer: PIONEER

Product: BD-RW BDR-XD05

Revision: 3.01

Firmware date: 2014-12-26

Bus encryption flags: 1B

Highest AACS version: 76

LibreDrive Information

Drive platform: RS8231

Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-XD05

Firmware type: Original (unpatched)

Firmware version: 3.01/ID34

DVD all regions: Yes

BD raw data read: Yes

BD raw metadata read: Yes

Unrestricted read speed: Yes
Email that info for the flasher see below
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
jonburg

Post by jonburg »

hello. Might your drives work for UK/Europe (ABC region) blu ray playback ? I can organise delivery to a US address.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

jonburg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:45 am
hello. Might your drives work for UK/Europe (ABC region) blu ray playback ? I can organise delivery to a US address.
Yes they can rip or unofficial play other region Blu-rays.
Really officially too just change region on the drive to what most of your discs are.
BBQRips

Post by BBQRips »

New to ripping UHD. After having a lot of trouble with a self-flashed LG drive, I headed to the forums and saw people talking about the Pioneer drives from Billy. I wish I had gotten one sooner. All the disks I had trouble with on my LG, my Pioneer was able to handle. Billy is great, responded quick, gave me advice on which drive would work best for what I was doing. Don't hesitate! Get one of his drives!
laines

Post by laines »

Got the Pioneer BDR-213/2213 from Billy arrived today. Didn't want to mess with shelling out extra to replace brick attempts or getting a drive that wasn't as advertised or flashable. Smooth quick transaction throughout and successfully tested everything working as expected. Billy is the way to go if you want to make sure everything goes right the first time.
haborym

Post by haborym »

I got the drive from Billy super fast after ordering it and when it works it rips (and burns) discs perfectly.

However, I don't know if there is an issue with the drive or with the firmware, but any software in Windows (10) that scans to see the available optical drives will fairly often (33% of the time or so) lock up. It happens with MakeMKV, Imgburn, even EAC and it doesn't matter if there is a disc inside the drive or not. This is not something that has ever happened with any of my previous Plextor, Pioneer, LG, Asus, or Lite-On drives and every time there is a drive cycle (ie eject) it runs the risk of locking up. The only solution is to restart Windows because even if I force stop the software the drive (and any software that scans available drives) remains unusable until the reboot occurs.

Billy has been great trying to help me back and forth but unfortunately I'm out the $274 for what is essentially a coaster and I've had to go back to using my old Asus.
MKV Maker

Post by MKV Maker »

haborym wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:18 pm
However, I don't know if there is an issue with the drive or with the firmware, but any software in Windows (10) that scans to see the available optical drives will fairly often (33% of the time or so) lock up. It happens with MakeMKV, Imgburn, even EAC and it doesn't matter if there is a disc inside the drive or not. This is not something that has ever happened with any of my previous Plextor, Pioneer, LG, Asus, or Lite-On drives and every time there is a drive cycle (ie eject) it runs the risk of locking up. The only solution is to restart Windows because even if I force stop the software the drive (and any software that scans available drives) remains unusable until the reboot occurs.
I wish it were easy as procuring a Macintosh and using Mac OS. That is my advice for my Pioneer S13J/U-X from Billy never caused me any problems and almost guarantee never will. Curiously your plight is the first I have read in this entire thread. Most persons I believe use Windows in one form or another so perhaps it is particular to your system. Ultimately my advice is to get a Mac and use Mac OS howbeit unrealistic be it may.
haborym wrote:
Billy has been great trying to help me back and forth but unfortunately I'm out the $274 for what is essentially a coaster and I've had to go back to using my old Asus.
That is truly a drag; coasters shall never be that expensive. Good thing it was not the S13J/U-X.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

MKV Maker wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:51 pm
haborym wrote:
I wish it were easy as procuring a Macintosh and using Mac OS. That is my advice for my Pioneer S13J/U-X from Billy never caused me any problems and almost guarantee never will. Curiously your plight is the first I have read in this entire thread. Most persons I believe use Windows in one form or another so perhaps it is particular to your system. Ultimately my advice is to get a Mac and use Mac OS howbeit unrealistic be it may.
haborym wrote:
That is truly a drag; coasters shall never be that expensive. Good thing it was not the S13J/U-X.

i have offered them an exchange even though im pretty sure it just other software all trying to grab the drive at the same time causing issues the new one will likely do the same thing.
i test all drives for 3 hours and all UHD disc types before shipping it did not hang disappear or do anything bad here.
MKV Maker

Post by MKV Maker »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:34 am
i test all drives for 3 hours and all UHD disc types before shipping it did not hang disappear or do anything bad here.
Three hours for each drive! Wow! Now I understand why you charge extra for labour. That is an incredible cumulative quantity of time.
derreckjames

Post by derreckjames »

Love my drive thanks for the help!!
JoeCoole

Post by JoeCoole »

Hey All/Billy,
I'm new to the forum, so if this has been answered, please just point me to the right post. I'm trying to understand the difference between the Pioneer drives that Billy is selling. They all seem to rip at the same 4x speed. Why pick one over the other?

I have the LG WH14NS40 it is was working fine for the first 2 months, but now it won't detect any disc (BD, DVD, CD, etc.) I put into the drive. I don't think it's my OWC Mercury enclosure so I'm thinking about just getting a Pioneer drive, but not sure of the advantage of one over the other.

TIA,
Joe
MKV Maker

Post by MKV Maker »

JoeCoole wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:23 pm
I'm trying to understand the difference between the Pioneer drives that Billy is selling. They all seem to rip at the same 4x speed. Why pick one over the other?

I have the LG WH14NS40 it is was working fine for the first 2 months, but now it won't detect any disc (BD, DVD, CD, etc.) I put into the drive. I don't think it's my OWC Mercury enclosure so I'm thinking about just getting a Pioneer drive, but not sure of the advantage of one over the other.
I cannot tell you where in this thread but I answered this question with links to Pioneer S13UBK and Pioneer S13J/U-X. If you can find that then most of the question shall be answered.