Purchased key is not working - Fatal Error occurs

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
kjunlady

Purchased key is not working - Fatal Error occurs

Post by kjunlady »

I purchased a key today. I run Windows 32-bit OS.
I reinstalled the most current MakeMKV version from the website.
When opening the application, a message pops up:
"This application version is too old. Please download the lastest version at http://makemkv.com/ or enter a registration key to continue using the current version."

I added my new registration key.

Then it says: "Thank you. Reopen the application for the changes to take affect."

When I reopen it, an error message pops up after a few seconds: "Fatal error occurred, program will now exit."

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and tried multiple times, it still is not working. I'm frustrated because I spent $65 for this new key.
Does anyone have any idea of what's going on?
Woodstock

Re: Purchased key is not working - Fatal Error occurs

Post by Woodstock »

In general, that behavior shows up with the key could not be recorded. Are you running as the admin during the install? Sometimes, Windows and MacOS won't allow a non-admin to update the necessary file, although you can later run it without those privileges.

Windows stores the key in the registry, which requires admin privileges to write to.
kjunlady

Post by kjunlady »

A message asking to allow changes to the computer came up and I agreed to let it. The key not being recorded can cause the Fatal Error message to pop up and shut the program down?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Cannot say, personally. I haven't had that behavior in a LONG time, and I don't know what version of Windows you're running. I can't install it on a computer I'm not an admin on right now, to test it.
kjunlady

Post by kjunlady »

Disregard. I managed to get it to work. I took the DVD disc out, entered my key again, and it works now.
im1lostdog

Post by im1lostdog »

I didn't purchase a key but it does fatal error (oh and I will pay money is ok , as I figure out how?)
Attachments
2024-09-15 09_31_22-MakeMKV - Make MKV from Blu-ray and DVD.jpg
2024-09-15 09_31_22-MakeMKV - Make MKV from Blu-ray and DVD.jpg (117.55 KiB) Viewed 1800 times