September trial code

All topics related to functioning of this forum or MakeMKV website
stwert

September trial code

Post by stwert »

The trial registration key expired end of August. I'm just wondering if there will be a trial key for September.
Thanks!
Woodstock

Re: September trial code

Post by Woodstock »

The assumption is that the author will post a new, two-month license key, when he gets to it.

In the mean time, some people continue in trial mode by temporarily setting their system date to an acceptable day, starting MakeMKV, then resetting their date to current. MakeMKV only checks the date on start-up.
ati_itoo

Post by ati_itoo »

MakeMKV only checks the date on start-up.
That information is incorrect.
MakeMKV checks the date not only on start-up.

I set the system date to a month ago, inserted the recorded BD-RE media into the BD drive, and started MakeMKV, but MakeMKV displayed a expiration notice.
MakeMKV did not even scan the list of videos recorded on the BD-RE media.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

No, it is correct. What is scanned AFTER that is whether or not you have support for doing things like Bluray/UHD. If your ability to do BD expired more than a month ago, it will still be expired now, although you should be able to rip DVDs.

I've never tried re-entering the beta key to turn back on the 30-day BD support. It's been over a decade since I had to do that sort of thing. I suppose most people would have done that within 30 days of the beta license running out.
Dvidman

Post by Dvidman »

Temporary Solution
1 uninstall MakeMKV
2 Set computer date before 1st September 2024 making sure to trun off auto time adjust
3 Reinstall V1.17.7 Make sure to turn off auto updates in Makemkv
Swazirs

Post by Swazirs »

RIP :(
MrPenguin

Post by MrPenguin »

Swazirs wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2024 8:47 pm
RIP :(
The trick is to check for a new BETA key.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The problem is that people ass-u-me that the download file ALWAYS has the latest key in it, but it only has that if it were created at the same time as the key. 1.17.7 is older than that.

And if they had to download a new version each time the key changed, there would be complaints about that, too.