Asus BW-16D1X-U Platform RS8600 Firmware Flashing?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
nargeolograc

Asus BW-16D1X-U Platform RS8600 Firmware Flashing?

Post by nargeolograc »

So I have had this drive for a while and finally decided to do something with it. Doing a search on the forum has brought up a few posts with a matching Drive platform but all of them are either closed/marked as complete or were referring to sending PMs/emails so I figured it would smarter to just open a new thread instead of attaching to an existing thread that might now be being ignored.

There was some information regarding two or three different firmwares, but I couldn't really sus out which was the final choice in the posts regarding this drive platform. And I wanted to back up the stock firmware first but the SDFtool v1.3.5 doesn't seem to want to touch the drive because its not the MT1959 platform and the Asus flasher from the "New Option" post doesn't appear to give the option of backing up the existing firmware.

Below is the info showing in MakeMKV. Any suggestions or should I just not bother with this drive and replace it with something else?

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: L:
Current profile: CD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E102
Serial number: ------------
Firmware date: 2017-01-15
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 68

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8600
Firmware version: ID76
Coopervid

Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U Platform RS8600 Firmware Flashing?

Post by Coopervid »

nargeolograc wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:19 am
So I have had this drive for a while and finally decided to do something with it. Doing a search on the forum has brought up a few posts with a matching Drive platform but all of them are either closed/marked as complete or were referring to sending PMs/emails so I figured it would smarter to just open a new thread instead of attaching to an existing thread that might now be being ignored.

There was some information regarding two or three different firmwares, but I couldn't really sus out which was the final choice in the posts regarding this drive platform. And I wanted to back up the stock firmware first but the SDFtool v1.3.5 doesn't seem to want to touch the drive because its not the MT1959 platform and the Asus flasher from the "New Option" post doesn't appear to give the option of backing up the existing firmware.

Below is the info showing in MakeMKV. Any suggestions or should I just not bother with this drive and replace it with something else?

Code: Select all

Drive Information
OS device name: L:
Current profile: CD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: E102
Serial number: ------------
Firmware date: 2017-01-15
Bus encryption flags: 1B
Highest AACS version: 68

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: Pioneer RS8600
Firmware version: ID76
PM sent.
nargeolograc

Re: Asus BW-16D1X-U Platform RS8600 Firmware Flashing?

Post by nargeolograc »

Thanks for sending along that info. It appears to have worked.