Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?

Discussion of LibreDrive mode, compatible drives and firmwares
MartyMcNuts

Re: Recommendation for best (most reliable and versatile) LibreDrive for 2024?

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Monsterguy_PM wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:49 am
I've pretty much read through this entire forum and have seen some mixed experiences. I've lowered my options down to what I can buy on Amazon that is UHD compatible and preferably ready to go without flashing. I'm looking for fast and reliable.

Archgon Premium 8541608851
Verbatim 43888
LG WP50NB40

USA, prefer slim drive

Any input is appreciated. I'm also open to other suggestions.

P.S. I will read my messages, Cooper :lol:
The Archgon and LG WP50NB40 require flashing. The Verbatim 43888 is not available in USA.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
Monsterguy_PM

Post by Monsterguy_PM »

I'm finding this Verbatim 43888 on Amazon in the US right now, am I about to get screwed or worth the gamble?

Describbing 43888 Optical Disc Drive Black Blu-ray DVD Combo - Optical Disc Drive (Black, Top, Laptop, Blu-ray DVD Combo, ATA III Series, BD-R, BD-R DL, CD, DVD) https://a.co/d/aOXCtEr

Thank you again for the input.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Monsterguy_PM wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:45 am
I'm finding this Verbatim 43888 on Amazon in the US right now, am I about to get screwed or worth the gamble?

Describbing 43888 Optical Disc Drive Black Blu-ray DVD Combo - Optical Disc Drive (Black, Top, Laptop, Blu-ray DVD Combo, ATA III Series, BD-R, BD-R DL, CD, DVD) https://a.co/d/aOXCtEr

I believe the Verbatim 43889 is available in USA but that's not a UHD drive.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Monsterguy_PM wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:45 am

The seller Trippodo US is owned by a company in Rome, Italy. So I guess it's an import from Europe because Verbatim doesn't sell this drive in the US directly. They have a 30 day return policy.
poly888

Post by poly888 »

Verbatim has already been mentioned above me, but I thought that Pioneer BDR-XD07TS is also a good choice, I can rely on that thing no matter what
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

poly888 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:19 pm
Verbatim has already been mentioned above me, but I thought that Pioneer BDR-XD07TS is also a good choice, I can rely on that thing no matter what
it not that its bad why its not mention here its that that drive comes with new fw that cant be downgraded.
really the best Pioneer drives are the S13 series but very few have them with old FW
i have them with old FW and so does marty and asmcom
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
itsoreo

Post by itsoreo »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:50 pm
poly888 wrote:
it not that its bad why its not mention here its that that drive comes with new fw that cant be downgraded.
really the best Pioneer drives are the S13 series but very few have them with old FW
What makes them the best exactly? I understand they're more silent and the build quality is supposedly better, but are they noticeably better for ripping? Is there data on how better they are? I haven't been able to find information on Pioneer generational improvements, or how one model compares to another.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

itsoreo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:38 pm
Billycar11 wrote:
poly888 wrote:
What makes them the best exactly? I understand they're more silent and the build quality is supposedly better, but are they noticeably better for ripping? Is there data on how better they are? I haven't been able to find information on Pioneer generational improvements, or how one model compares to another.
Take it or leave it. If you think you know better than the experts on the forum.
itsoreo

Post by itsoreo »

Coopervid wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:48 pm
itsoreo wrote:
Billycar11 wrote:

Take it or leave it. If you think you know better than the experts on the forum.
That was not my intent. I'm sorry if it came across that way I am legitimately wondering how a new generation is better than the previous one, especially regarding the ability to rip.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

itsoreo wrote:
mostly the longevity of them i have customers that do heavy ripping and that drive is going on 2 years on and its still fine.
and the consistency of not getting hash errors like on LG/asus drives

this is the S13UBK im talking about the UX im sure would be similar or better.

i even had a s13UBK come back after 8 months that was severely abused full of dust from dusty discs and some sort of haze all over the drive vape or air fresher residue idk.
cleaned the laser and drive was back to working 100%.
but i told them that it was not a warranty issue it was a environmental one of where they using the drive no charge for cleaning but they pay shipping.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
clean_rip

Post by clean_rip »

I am interested as well please!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

clean_rip wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:26 pm
I am interested as well please!
Interested in what??
cas206

Post by cas206 »

Can I get a PM? :wink:
US.
For 5.25 enclosure.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

cas206 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:27 am
US.
For 5.25 enclosure.
OWC Mercury Pro, Vantec NexStar DX2, Vantec 536S3
cas206

Post by cas206 »

Coopervid wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:23 am
cas206 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:27 am
US.
For 5.25 enclosure.
OWC Mercury Pro, Vantec NexStar DX2, Vantec 536S3
I was too terse. I was looking for drive recommendation to go into an enclosure that I already have. I had a bad experience with OWC. Mine went bad in roughly about a year. Replaced with Vantec and it is working fine, a year later. So I bought another Vantec for a two drive setup. Both working great.