Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
azreil24

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by azreil24 »

Hey Reset. What can I do to have the EAC3 re-encode of the DTS tracks automatically align with the movie as the original DTS track? I used the 8-2 flow for MKV and muxed the EC3 track using MKVToolNix and the EAC3 audio track is out of sync.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

azreil24 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:40 pm
Hey Reset. What can I do to have the EAC3 re-encode of the DTS tracks automatically align with the movie as the original DTS track? I used the 8-2 flow for MKV and muxed the EC3 track using MKVToolNix and the EAC3 audio track is out of sync.
If it's a 7.1 THD or DTS track, you have to set the delay manually in mkvtoolnix because the EAE encoder output raw ec3 tracks. You can use mediainfo to get the delay.
If it is a 5.1 lossless audio track, the file is encoded to an mkv and the delay is preserved so I guess your input is 7.1???
If opt to encode EC3 with all the other workflows, the delay is set automatically when it mux.

I'll add the delay in the filename for 7.1 EC3 in the next version.

If it's for the LG TVs kodi, the 5.1 1536kbps tracks will not work. You can use this non-offical not released dovi script version ( a lot changed in this version though, DDP encoding is now 8-1-1):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/128gq8a ... sp=sharing
- MP4 version: External audio(ec3/ac3/aac only) or sub(srt only) with the same filename/path will now get muxed. Will use the the script language local settings.
- MP4 version: Added mp4 muxing in all the batch workflows (1-2) (2-1-5) (2-1-2) (3-1) (2-1-4)
- Added (Line 63) an option to fix appleTV bitstream framerate in all the workflows. Can also be triggered with ''FIXAPPLE'' in the input filename. (Default=NO Expect 23.976 input.)
- Added support for HDR10plus scene cut export in (2-4) (2-5). If input has DV and HDR10plus, DV is selected. HDR10plus can be forced by adding ''FORCEHDR10PLUS'' in the filename
- Added an option to enable/disable SUP to SRT ocr conversion (line 40) (default = NO) if export.subs=NO this option has no effect for the TS and MKV version. Keep in mind that auto ocr is not perfect.
- Added (line 152) an option to generate DV without the 10/100nits floor in 3-2 (madvr or hdr10plus to DV). This may cause invalid metadata in some occasion, always run the final rpu in metafier( now 2-7).
- Added an option to change DD+ 5.1 encoding bitrate and default is now 1024 because 1536 can cause issues on some players (max=1536)
- Added more languages support.
- Removed (8-5) hdr10plus injector extractor. you can inject with (1-1) and extract with (6-6)
- Merged (4-1-1) and (4-2). Simplified Mode 4. Now only have 3 options: STSL / STDL / DTDL. input can be any p7 file (mkv ts bdmv mpls etc..)
- Merged (3-2) and (3-3)
- changed the order in (8) and merged some audio workflows
- (Bugfix) MP4/MKV version: When mux_all_audio=NO and mux_all_sub=NO . The script was still muxing all the audio/subs
- (Bugfix) TS version: can now add silent core to more than one THD track, no longer just the main audio language.
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:53 pm
azreil24 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:40 pm
If it's a 7.1 THD or DTS track, you have to set the delay manually in mkvtoolnix because the EAE encoder output raw ec3 tracks. You can use mediainfo to get the delay.
If it is a 5.1 lossless audio track, the file is encoded to an mkv and the delay is preserved so I guess your input is 7.1???
If opt to encode EC3 with all the other workflows, the delay is set automatically when it mux.

I'll add the delay in the filename for 7.1 EC3 in the next version.
Many thanks. You are correct, it's a 7.1 track :D

Forgot I could see the delay with Mediainfo, I manually found the delay and it seems I was right on the money with a 1.1s delay on my Hugo rip.
JCLG8

Post by JCLG8 »

How can I convert a single track dual layer P7 mkv to dual track dual layer m2ts? And will the quality be the same after the conversion?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

JCLG8 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:09 pm
How can I convert a single track dual layer P7 mkv to dual track dual layer m2ts? And will the quality be the same after the conversion?
In dovi_scripts TS version, workflow 4-3.
No quality loss.
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:53 pm
If it's for the LG TVs kodi, the 5.1 1536kbps tracks will not work. You can use this non-offical not released dovi script version ( a lot changed in this version though, DDP encoding is now 8-1-1):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/128gq8a ... sp=sharing
- MP4 version: External audio(ec3/ac3/aac only) or sub(srt only) with the same filename/path will now get muxed. Will use the the script language local settings.
- MP4 version: Added mp4 muxing in all the batch workflows (1-2) (2-1-5) (2-1-2) (3-1) (2-1-4)
- Added (Line 63) an option to fix appleTV bitstream framerate in all the workflows. Can also be triggered with ''FIXAPPLE'' in the input filename. (Default=NO Expect 23.976 input.)
- Added support for HDR10plus scene cut export in (2-4) (2-5). If input has DV and HDR10plus, DV is selected. HDR10plus can be forced by adding ''FORCEHDR10PLUS'' in the filename
- Added an option to enable/disable SUP to SRT ocr conversion (line 40) (default = NO) if export.subs=NO this option has no effect for the TS and MKV version. Keep in mind that auto ocr is not perfect.
- Added (line 152) an option to generate DV without the 10/100nits floor in 3-2 (madvr or hdr10plus to DV). This may cause invalid metadata in some occasion, always run the final rpu in metafier( now 2-7).
- Added an option to change DD+ 5.1 encoding bitrate and default is now 1024 because 1536 can cause issues on some players (max=1536)
- Added more languages support.
- Removed (8-5) hdr10plus injector extractor. you can inject with (1-1) and extract with (6-6)
- Merged (4-1-1) and (4-2). Simplified Mode 4. Now only have 3 options: STSL / STDL / DTDL. input can be any p7 file (mkv ts bdmv mpls etc..)
- Merged (3-2) and (3-3)
- changed the order in (8) and merged some audio workflows
- (Bugfix) MP4/MKV version: When mux_all_audio=NO and mux_all_sub=NO . The script was still muxing all the audio/subs
- (Bugfix) TS version: can now add silent core to more than one THD track, no longer just the main audio language.
The 8-2 flow created a 7.1 track with 1024kbps bit-rate, which seems to play fine in the LG TV's Kodi. Also, not sure if this Kodi is so smart, as otherwise I hate it with a passion, but seems the sound is in sync playing through it. Either it's that smart or it just happens that its usual delay is around 1 second, which is the delay required in my test case. I have a feeling it's the later. Through Zidoo I have the delay also.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

azreil24 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:38 pm
The 8-2 flow created a 7.1 track with 1024kbps bit-rate, which seems to play fine in the LG TV's Kodi. Also, not sure if this Kodi is so smart, as otherwise I hate it with a passion, but seems the sound is in sync playing through it. Either it's that smart or it just happens that its usual delay is around 1 second, which is the delay required in my test case. I have a feeling it's the later. Through Zidoo I have the delay also.
yes, 7.1 encoding with my the script is limited to 1024kbps.
It's the 5.1 encoding that can go up to 1536 and it stutter in Kodi so that's why you need the unreleased version of the script I just posted for those.
JCLG8

Post by JCLG8 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:24 pm
JCLG8 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:09 pm
In dovi_scripts TS version, workflow 4-3.
No quality loss.
Got it thanks. I tried with dovi scripts and because it had a truehd track it said it was unsupported.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

JCLG8 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:07 pm
Got it thanks. I tried with dovi scripts and because it had a truehd track it said it was unsupported.
THD is definitely supported, I use 4-3 very often.
I just did a few hours ago: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street 2007 P7 mkv to DTDL TS.
JCLG8

Post by JCLG8 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:10 pm
JCLG8 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:07 pm
THD is definitely supported, I use 4-3 very often.
I just did a few hours ago: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street 2007 P7 mkv to DTDL TS.
I am gonna test it again and get back to you. Also maybe it's just like this for me, but I have seen that unless I use the bat files with administrator rights it doesn't work right. Like it doesn't detect the files I think.
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:56 pm
azreil24 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:38 pm
yes, 7.1 encoding with my the script is limited to 1024kbps.
It's the 5.1 encoding that can go up to 1536 and it stutter in Kodi so that's why you need the unreleased version of the script I just posted for those.
So, LG TV's Kodi still sucks. I corrected the delay and now I got the correct sync when played on PC or Zidoo. When played through the Kodi Plex add-on, there is a slight delay on the video, I can notice a 2-300ms of delay. Playing the same file directly into Kodi, I get a delay in sound. It's annoying as hell getting DV MKVs to play properly on the LG...
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

azreil24 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:29 pm
So, LG TV's Kodi still sucks. I corrected the delay and now I got the correct sync when played on PC or Zidoo. When played through the Kodi Plex add-on, there is a slight delay on the video, I can notice a 2-300ms of delay. Playing the same file directly into Kodi, I get a delay in sound. It's annoying as hell getting DV MKVs to play properly on the LG...
I have no such issue and I watched like 5 movies and two seasons of a TV show.

C2 to Denon AVR
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:31 pm
azreil24 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:29 pm
I have no such issue and I watched like 5 movies and two seasons of a TV show.

C2 to Denon AVR
Are you playing them from USB HDD connected to the LG or through network server?
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

azreil24 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:35 pm
Are you playing them from USB HDD connected to the LG or through network server?
Via my network (5ghz wifi and router in the same room as my TV) with plex composite addon to access my library. TV audio is set to ''passthrough'' with ARC.
I noticed that if you change subtitles tracks during playback it can cause sync issues. In that case, I just stop the movie and resume it.

Using plex ''skip intro'' function also work fine and doesn't cause issues.
azreil24

Post by azreil24 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:40 pm
azreil24 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:35 pm
Via my network (5ghz wifi and router in the same room as my TV) with plex composite addon to access my library. TV audio is set to ''passthrough'' with ARC.
I noticed that if you change subtitles tracks during playback it can cause sync issues. In that case, I just stop the movie and resume it.

Using plex ''skip intro'' function also work fine and doesn't cause issues.
My network is wired, 1Gbps. Everything plays fine on any other device. I got a USB LAN connection to the C2, hitting almost 400Mbps download and upload. So plenty of speed. Playing the same file through the native Plex app, so without DV, plays flawlessly.

Changing subtitles only affects Kodi playback, also, skipping on Kodi causes the movie to start stuttering every 5 seconds. Playing through Plex Kodi add-on, subs and skipping do not affect playback. It's very weird. I hate this Kodi with a passion, don't understand how people are happy with it as everything is counter-intuitive. I accidentally removed the Movies tile from the Home page, God knows how I can get it back. Removing sources from the library doesn't also remove the titles that were in that removed source and many other issues.

Doing an MP4 conversion now using your scripts. Didn't knew it also does PGS conversion, that's cool. Curious if with MP4 I face the same issues.