Super Troopers

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mertyle

Super Troopers

Post by mertyle »

Hi. First post here, mainly in leau of this issue. I have tried about 6 times to rip Super Troopers Blu-ray. Each time, it gets about halfway through and just stops responding. I installed the DASPI kernal and updated to the 1.6.8 software(I'm only like 4 or 5 days into the evaluation period, so it's still BETA). I am using an iMac and am running on Mac OS 10.6.7 and have a LG BE12LU30 Blu-ray drive. I've tried everything. I've restarted my computer, I've had it so that MakeMKV is the only application open and running, I've tried ripping a different title(this disc has 3 titles that have the full duration of movie and are all the same size). The disc looks pretty clean. No scratches or smudges.

On the Force Quit, OS X brought up an error log which I will attach.

Any fixes or suggestions are much appreciated.

PS>OK...it wouldn't let me attach the log, so here's the link the file on mediafire.com http://www.mediafire.com/?usatm88x4qrfyk7. Also, if this helps, this is the only disc I've EVER had issues with. In fact, just previous to Super Troopers attempts, I ripped Due Date Blu-ray with no issue.
mike admin

Re: Super Troopers

Post by mike admin »

Please send the MakeMKV debug log per instructions at http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8/catid/6
mertyle

Post by mertyle »

setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@mertyle

Hi!

Try first using MakeMKV to create a full disc backup - and then use that backup as your source for making an .MKV of the main movie...
mertyle

Post by mertyle »

It does the same thing. It gets to about halfway and MakeMKV freezes and becomes non-responsive. Here is the debug log for this attempt using the above instructions http://www.mediafire.com/?g3xcgba0kvknnj5

I have ripped about 30 movies using MakeMKV while still in this evaluation period. Super Troopers Bluray is the only disc I'm having issues with.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please make a full disc backup per instructions at http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/4/catid/4 and see if any hashcheck errors show up. If they do, then it's a physically damaged disc. If they don't then please try to open produced backup in MakeMKV and post the result here.
mertyle

Post by mertyle »

It did say that there was a hash error....so, it looks like it's a damaged disc, which sucks.
Romansh

Post by Romansh »

mertyle wrote:It did say that there was a hash error....so, it looks like it's a damaged disc, which sucks.
Note that I got a hash check error once with MakeMKV. It turned out that damaged meant dirty. After cleaning the disc, I was able to rip it without any error.
mertyle

Post by mertyle »

I had cleaned it thinking that might contribute to the problem. It's no biggy, it's my roommate's disc. I'll just Netflix a new one.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@mertyle
It's no biggy, it's my roommate's disc. I'll just Netflix a new one.
It is inappropriate at these MakeMKV forums to discuss anything to do with media that you don't OWN ...

mertyle

Post by mertyle »

setarip_old wrote:@mertyle
It's no biggy, it's my roommate's disc. I'll just Netflix a new one.
It is inappropriate at these MakeMKV forums to discuss anything to do with media that you don't OWN ...

Sorry. My bad. I might be even more inappropriate to say that I Netflix'd this Bluray...several times with no success. So, I went out and bought a brand new copy. It is STILL not able to save an mkv file of this bluray. Attached is the debug log from the latest attempt with brand new disc
MakeMKV_log.txt
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Hashcheck error always means a bad data - either a damaged disc or failing drive.
mertyle

Post by mertyle »

Son of a gun! It's probably the disc, because it's the only one I've ever had issues with. *sigh* I think I'll just go back to the store and exchange it for the DVD.