Unable to change a video title in Properties dialogue

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
blankusername

Unable to change a video title in Properties dialogue

Post by blankusername »

Since upgrading to the recent beta release, I have been unable to edit the video's title in the Properties dialogue box, in Windows 10.
1) I rip a DVD or Bluray.
2) Open the folder containing the MKV file.
3) Right-click on the otherwise "healthy" file, and select the "Properties" from the context menu.
4) When he Properties dialogue box opens, I select the "Details" tab.
5) In the details tab (the one with "Title" "Subtitle" "Ratings" and "Tags") I try to edit the video title. Usually it's already filled with "Main Feature" or something like that.
When I get to this point I am unable to edit it. This was only very rarely a problem before I updated my version, now it happens with every new rip. Is ther e a solution for this? Is it an app issue or an OS issue?
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but I have not been able to find mention of it after searching the forum for 2 days.
Many thanks!
Woodstock

Re: Unable to change a video title in Properties dialogue

Post by Woodstock »

You may be hitting a limitation in your operating system. Technically, you're not supposed to be able to edit something like that JUST by right-clicking, although it is sometimes allowed.

If you use a tool like mkvtoolnix, you can edit all of those properties in the MKV file, and others as well.
blankusername

Re: Unable to change a video title in Properties dialogue

Post by blankusername »

thanks!