Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ragico

Re: Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

Post by ragico »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:12 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:55 am
I reported this to Ugoos, they replied to check what version firmware I was on (0.4.0).

At least I’ve had a reply. Overall I’m happy with the Dolby Vision / TrueHD performance as long as the files are ripped correctly, hope they can fix the colour space issue for SD/HDR10.
I have had a rely from Ugoos advising HD passthrough audio should work in Plex with 0.4.0 firmware.
They have asked me to do a factory reset then reinstall Plex, I won’t get a chance to look at this for a few days due to work.

Anybody else like to try it?
I did a factory reset and nothing changed regarding plex audio passthrough.
Firmware 0.40
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

ragico wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:58 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:12 pm
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:55 am
I reported this to Ugoos, they replied to check what version firmware I was on (0.4.0).

At least I’ve had a reply. Overall I’m happy with the Dolby Vision / TrueHD performance as long as the files are ripped correctly, hope they can fix the colour space issue for SD/HDR10.
I have had a rely from Ugoos advising HD passthrough audio should work in Plex with 0.4.0 firmware.
They have asked me to do a factory reset then reinstall Plex, I won’t get a chance to look at this for a few days due to work.

Anybody else like to try it?
I did a factory reset and nothing changed regarding plex audio passthrough.
Firmware 0.40
Cheers will attempt to try this later myself.
Just a thought, are people using Plex from Playstore or latest beta?
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

So just had a quick try with Plex beta.
Plex will pass TrueHD/Atmos from m2ts and HDR10 MKV but I can not for the life of me get it to trigger Dolby Vision on Ugoos 0.4.0. Added to this a Dolby Vision mkv will only play in HDR10 and stereo... My Plex is set to March frame rate, maybe that is the problem?
I have TV led processing enabled with my LGC9, I wonder if people that are triggering Dolby Vision have LLDV enabled?
Just for clarification the MKV files I tried work fine with patched Fandangos Kodi on the same device.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:17 am
Plex will pass TrueHD/Atmos from m2ts and HDR10 MKV but I can not for the life of me get it to trigger Dolby Vision on Ugoos 0.4.0. Added to this a Dolby Vision mkv will only play in HDR10 and stereo... My Plex is set to March frame rate, maybe that is the problem?
I have TV led processing enabled with my LGC9, I wonder if people that are triggering Dolby Vision have LLDV enabled?
Just for clarification the MKV files I tried work fine with patched Fandangos Kodi on the same device.
interesting so there is still hope that plex can do it all...
I was not using the PLEX beta. will try that. With the stable version, the only way I can trigger DV with mkv file is by selecting lossy audio before playback
ragico

Post by ragico »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Exactly the same here with a Panasonic GZ2000 oled
Tried also enable/disable frame rate match, resolution match etc.
Tried Plex from playstore and latest beta/official builds.
No way to get DV with Hd audio passthrough
It works in Kodi Dv edition.
RESET_9999

Post by RESET_9999 »

yep, with PLEX beta, now TrueHD atmos bitstream works with HDR10 files.
but
everything else doesn't...

AC3 / EAC3 5.1 = lpcm 2.0 (HDR10 & DV)
DTS/ DTS-HD = lpcm 5.1 (HDR10 & DV)

At least now we know that plex on this device CAN bitstream TrueHD. Now I'm sure ugoos can fix everything.
norrellmeister

Post by norrellmeister »

Got mine today. Seeing similar issues, and more. Audio pass through usually doesn’t work. It was working for me briefly, possibly while I had refresh rate matching off in Plex. Now that I’ve turned on refresh rate matching and resolution matching, no bit streaming to be found. Often getting stereo PCM, and sometimes multi channel PCM.
Before turning on refresh rate matching in Plex, was getting tons of jittering and audio sync issues in 1080p SDR 24p MKVs. Turning on refresh rate matching fixes that.
Also seeing some serious stability issues in basic use.
Exiting a movie in Plex usually leaves the HDMI in a broken state, where there is a black screen, but sound works. Repeatedly hitting the power button fixes it, usually.
Resolution switching and color mode switching are not reliable. Sometimes I don’t get into DV mode, sometimes I do. Sometimes DV mode or 1080p mode or HDR mode “sticks” after a movie.
Playing DV movies is not starting reliably. Sometimes it’s starting in SDR. Restarting fixes it.
This is all on 0.4 firmware, Ugoos AM6 plus, and beta Plex. Connected directly to an LG CX, with ARC to a Denon AVR.
I think this box has potential, but there is work to do on stability and audio pass through.
bedders

Post by bedders »

DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thanks. Yes this makes sense and I read somewhere that Panasonic actually advertise Dolby Vision and HDR10+ Capabilities through a single custom EDID field which in the past has caused problems for other sources. I guess either Panasonic can fix their side but I don’t like the chances of this. Or Ugoos can fix to interpret Panasonic’s EDID. I don’t like the chances of this either since there’s so many other problems with DV playback that need to be fixed
bedders

Post by bedders »

ragico wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:13 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Exactly the same here with a Panasonic GZ2000 oled
Tried also enable/disable frame rate match, resolution match etc.
Tried Plex from playstore and latest beta/official builds.
No way to get DV with Hd audio passthrough
It works in Kodi Dv edition.
A fellow Panasonic owner! Do you also only get LLDV option in DV display settings on the Ugoos?
DaMacFunkin

Post by DaMacFunkin »

bedders wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:52 am
DaMacFunkin wrote:
Thanks. Yes this makes sense and I read somewhere that Panasonic actually advertise Dolby Vision and HDR10+ Capabilities through a single custom EDID field which in the past has caused problems for other sources. I guess either Panasonic can fix their side but I don’t like the chances of this. Or Ugoos can fix to interpret Panasonic’s EDID. I don’t like the chances of this either since there’s so many other problems with DV playback that need to be fixed
Hi, like I said I had a similar problem with LG and newer Realtek chipsets, LG released firmware updates for it themselves, you may need Ugoos to elevate it to Amlogic to elevate it to Panasonic.
DennisTheMenace

Post by DennisTheMenace »

With the vimu media player every dolby vision movie works with frame rate switch and ac3 and dts passthrough without stability issues only truehd and dtshd and dtsx doesn't (stutter) . With passthrough off every movie plays perfectly. I really hope the kodi modder can stabilise that kodi mod. You can run the vimu player out of kodi if you want to, if you use the app xbmc wrapper.

Edit: Another strange thing is that I also have problems with the official kodi 19 version installed from the playstore with the ugoos am6 plus and newest beta firmware. Sometimes I have to start a hdr10 mkv file 3 or 4 times before it starts.
I don't have any issues if I use another player like vlc etc. :?:
ragico

Post by ragico »

"A fellow Panasonic owner! Do you also only get LLDV option in DV display settings on the Ugoos?"

Dolby Vision settings:
Dolby Vision enable low latency (YUV)
Dolby Vision disable

The Panasonic GZ series (2019) do not support Tv led as far as I know.
This feature has been introduced in 2020 HZ series.

By the way, I am waiting for an Oled LG CX in nest days and will report accordingly-
MOHAX777

Post by MOHAX777 »

RESET_9999 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:32 pm
At least now we know that plex on this device CAN bitstream TrueHD. Now I'm sure ugoos can fix everything.
But I'm not sure that, coz troubles in amlogic SDK.

Also I'am look fast at Exoplayer 2.13 sources code and not found using process DV-EL metadata in mkv-rips (profile 7) :? . So I think it use only RPU-metadata.
bobbymkV

Post by bobbymkV »

Ugoos owners, what method are you using to install the 0.4 firmware?

I'm following the OTA FIRMWARE GUIDE from this page (going to about menu and finding AM6_ota_0.4.0.zip) -- https://ugoos.com/firmware-upgrade-guid ... ic-devices

After reboot it's bringing me to recovery where it's failing the secure check. I've already re-downloaded and tried again.

Edit: Oof, I can't even get ethernet to work what the hell? My experience with this thing isn't off to a great start.
ArArdin

Post by ArArdin »

bobbymkV wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:52 pm
Ugoos owners, what method are you using to install the 0.4 firmware?
Just got my AM6 Plus yesterday. Since then I've been trying my *ss off to install any OTA from USB stick. No dice. Everytime I got "bad file descriptor" error.

I wanted to try this dualboot thing so today I installed the CoreElec dualboot beta 0.4.0 from the Ugoos site (this is NOT an OTA file) by hooking up my Ugoos to the pc and running the USB burning tool that comes with the package. This went smoothly, no problems.
bobbymkV wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:52 pm
Oof, I can't even get ethernet to work what the hell? My experience with this thing isn't off to a great start.
Same here. What you want to do is enable WiFi and the you can connect through ethernet. After that, WiFi can be disabled again.