Play Bluray Disc on macOS 10.13.6 does not work with VLC

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
macritzuko
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:57 pm

Play Bluray Disc on macOS 10.13.6 does not work with VLC

Post by macritzuko »

Tested version:
VLC 3.0.12
https://get.videolan.org/vlc/3.0.12/mac ... ntel64.dmg

MakeMKV v1.16.3
https://www.makemkv.com/download/makemk ... .3_osx.dmg

OS version:

macOS 10.13.6 (17G14042)

Description the problem:

Bluray disc will not play. VLC always shows this error message: Blu-ray error Blu-ray disc is corrupted.

Additional info:


I use everything locally and have nothing configured on my Mac device all default setting.

Both software are under /Applications

Under MakeMKV preferences -> Integration VLC.app is activated. See screenshot.

Questions
What am I doing wrong? Is this a bug or what else do I need to set so I can play my bluray disc from the bluray drive? It is only a Full HD Bluray disc from 2013.

Does it work for you on macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra) device?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.