Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives USA only, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount Code

Paid services by fellow forum members. Not affiliated with MakeMKV.
Billycar11

Re: Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives USA only, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount Code

Post by Billycar11 »

JoeCoole wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:23 pm
Hey All/Billy,
I'm new to the forum, so if this has been answered, please just point me to the right post. I'm trying to understand the difference between the Pioneer drives that Billy is selling. They all seem to rip at the same 4x speed. Why pick one over the other?

I have the LG WH14NS40 it is was working fine for the first 2 months, but now it won't detect any disc (BD, DVD, CD, etc.) I put into the drive. I don't think it's my OWC Mercury enclosure so I'm thinking about just getting a Pioneer drive, but not sure of the advantage of one over the other.

TIA,
Joe
Difference between them is drive build quality quietness and looks in price order.

That's all that's relevant for makemkv but the ux does have extra stuff for CD copying and playback and checking.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
JoeCoole

Re: Billycar11 Selling Flashed Pioneer UHD Drives USA only, Remote Flashing,Tested& Makemkv Discount Code

Post by JoeCoole »

MKV Maker wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:39 pm
JoeCoole wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:23 pm
I'm trying to understand the difference between the Pioneer drives that Billy is selling. They all seem to rip at the same 4x speed. Why pick one over the other?

I have the LG WH14NS40 it is was working fine for the first 2 months, but now it won't detect any disc (BD, DVD, CD, etc.) I put into the drive. I don't think it's my OWC Mercury enclosure so I'm thinking about just getting a Pioneer drive, but not sure of the advantage of one over the other.
I cannot tell you where in this thread but I answered this question with links to Pioneer S13UBK and Pioneer S13J/U-X. If you can find that then most of the question shall be answered.
Thanks! I found it here viewtopic.php?p=147142#p147142
JoeCoole

Post by JoeCoole »

Thanks Billy! I thought as much but the confirmation is helpful. Now I just have to wait for them to come into stock! Did I read that the Pioneers might not fit the OWC enclosure?
MKV Maker

Post by MKV Maker »

JoeCoole wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:28 pm
Did I read that the Pioneers might not fit the OWC enclosure?
Correct. The Pioneer drive I have got here is excessively long from front to back to fit in the OWC enclosure. Both of my LG WH16NS40 drives came inside of them and although they are more nice than the DX2 they are insufficient geometrically. The positive aspect is the DX2 enclosure is not expensive. The negative aspects are it is not Thunderbolt 3 capable and it uses the infamous USB-B lead for cable-enclosure connexion. The one attribute about the enclosure I like the most is how tactile is the rocker switch. It is a big noisy switch encased in a frame of sorts.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

MKV Maker wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:57 pm
JoeCoole wrote:
Correct. The Pioneer drive I have got here is excessively long from front to back to fit in the OWC enclosure. Both of my LG WH16NS40 drives came inside of them and although they are more nice than the DX2 they are insufficient geometrically. The positive aspect is the DX2 enclosure is not expensive. The negative aspects are it is not Thunderbolt 3 capable and it uses the infamous USB-B lead for cable-enclosure connexion. The one attribute about the enclosure I like the most is how tactile is the rocker switch. It is a big noisy switch encased in a frame of sorts.
You just need to bend 2 tabs and the Pioneer will fit.

https://mega.nz/file/mV5mCDhT#T794dO696 ... l_wcIH352A
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Coopervid wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:01 pm
MKV Maker wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:57 pm
JoeCoole wrote:

Or drill holes in the bottom
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
MKV Maker

Post by MKV Maker »

Billycar11 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:13 pm
Coopervid wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:01 pm

Or drill holes in the bottom
All of these solutions seem quite destructive just to make a drive fit. Is not it best to get a comparable howbeit less nice enclosure for a proper fit? For the S13J/E/U-X noise and vibration are not issues whatever. That unit is so quiet, viz. it is almost silent.
8BitWit

Post by 8BitWit »

Billy was fast and professional and the BDR-S13U-X I ordered from him works like a charm. Excited to dive deeper into this hobby!

Subscriptions are evil. Spend you life's savings on a NAS instead!

Jeff_WNY

Post by Jeff_WNY »

Just ordered a BDR-S13UBK from Billy and the process could not have been any smoother. Looking forward to continuing my collection for my QNAP. Longtime MakeMKV user - First Post :D
fridaylastchance

Post by fridaylastchance »

Hey everyone. Is this drive easy to flash?

https://www.amazon.ca/BDR-2213-Utilizin ... d_source=1

I am from Canada, and therefore, I cannot order one from Billy. I am not sure what the current firmware on this drive. I just don't want to order it, then find out that it can't be flashed. My apologies if this question has already been answered.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If the drive has firmware dated 12/22/2022 or later, no.

Most likely, on Amazon, it will be too new.